Installing Ubuntu on a Chromebook
Setting up Ubuntu on your Chromebook isn't hard to do: here's a simple guide to the steps involved.
By Darien Graham-Smith, 24 Apr 2013 at 16:42
In order to install Ubuntu, you'll need to put your Chromebook into developer mode and use the command line to download the installation files. This tutorial will show you how.
Doesn't work on all chromebooks
This only works on the older chromebooks, I've just set up a new chromebook from samsung which has an ARM processor not an intel. To do this I followed the instructions in http://askubuntu.com/q/254412/7860.
By pjb304 on 9 Aug 2013
- Make the most of your mobile data
- Old-school internet scams: five that just won't die
- Bitcoin believers not worried by Mt. Gox disarray
- How to hack your car
- Small server vs cloud: which is best for SMBs?
- Block party: why do millions play Minecraft?
- What to do if you’re still on Windows XP
- Microsoft Word: top 20 secret features
- Measuring me: is your body the future of security?
- The best mobile apps for business
- Quickest way to upload 1GB? Hop on a train
- Move over Delia: IBM Watson is cooking tonight
- Eric Schmidt on the double-edged smartphone: friend and foe
- Getty joins the race to the bottom
- Hour of Code: five steps to learn how to code
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet review: first look
- Sony Xperia Z2 review: first look
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 review: first look
- Nokia XL review: first look
- Samsung Galaxy S5 review: first look