Installing Ubuntu on a Chromebook
Setting up Ubuntu on your Chromebook isn't hard to do: here's a simple guide to the steps involved.
By Darien Graham-Smith, 24 Apr 2013 at 16:42
In order to install Ubuntu, you'll need to put your Chromebook into developer mode and use the command line to download the installation files. This tutorial will show you how.
Doesn't work on all chromebooks
This only works on the older chromebooks, I've just set up a new chromebook from samsung which has an ARM processor not an intel. To do this I followed the instructions in http://askubuntu.com/q/254412/7860.
By pjb304 on 9 Aug 2013
- Best gifts for Christmas 2013: tech gifts for less than £200
- Online "experts" are full of hot air
- Best tablet PCs to buy in 2013
- Closer to reality: photorealism in computer graphics
- Windows 8.1: Top 10 advanced features
- Securing the Internet of Things
- Internet of Things: five unlikely hacking risks
- Life behind the wall: censorship in China
- 42 best Android apps
- 3D museums that never close
- Play it again: Berlin's Computer Game Museum
- Switching from iPhone to Android: what I miss, what I don't
- Tech City: Easy to score when you move the goalposts
- How to remove SkyDrive from the Windows 8.1 Explorer
- Switching from iPhone to Android? Switch off iMessage
- Why is Google pumping more money into Firefox?
- Sky Broadband Shield review
- Samsung Galaxy S4: how to double your battery life
- Motorola Moto G review: first look
- IBM Watson meets Willy Wonka