Create your first Windows Store app
The Windows Store opens up a great opportunity for developers. As a developer, here's what you'll need to know to create your first Windows Store app.
By Mark Newton, 1 Mar 2013 at 14:32
If you've already read our feature on creating tablet-style Windows 8 apps, you'll be ready to create your first submission to the Windows Store. Here are the steps we took in Visual Studio create our own first app - a basic RSS reader, consisting of a page with a grid element on it, set as two columns. You can download the accompanying code from Pastebin.com.
- Make the most of your mobile data
- Old-school internet scams: five that just won't die
- Bitcoin believers not worried by Mt. Gox disarray
- How to hack your car
- Small server vs cloud: which is best for SMBs?
- Block party: why do millions play Minecraft?
- What to do if you’re still on Windows XP
- Microsoft Word: top 20 secret features
- Measuring me: is your body the future of security?
- The best mobile apps for business
- Move over Delia: IBM Watson is cooking tonight
- Eric Schmidt on the double-edged smartphone: friend and foe
- Getty joins the race to the bottom
- Hour of Code: five steps to learn how to code
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet review: first look
- Sony Xperia Z2 review: first look
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 review: first look
- Nokia XL review: first look
- Samsung Galaxy S5 review: first look
- Nokia X review: first look