Create your first Windows Store app
The Windows Store opens up a great opportunity for developers. As a developer, here's what you'll need to know to create your first Windows Store app.
By Mark Newton, 1 Mar 2013 at 14:32
If you've already read our feature on creating tablet-style Windows 8 apps, you'll be ready to create your first submission to the Windows Store. Here are the steps we took in Visual Studio create our own first app - a basic RSS reader, consisting of a page with a grid element on it, set as two columns. You can download the accompanying code from Pastebin.com.
- Best tablet PCs to buy in 2013
- Closer to reality: photorealism in computer graphics
- Windows 8.1: Top 10 advanced features
- Securing the Internet of Things
- Internet of Things: five unlikely hacking risks
- Life behind the wall: censorship in China
- 42 best Android apps
- 3D museums that never close
- 29 best Windows 8.1 apps
- Bring an old PC up to speed
- Play it again: Berlin's Computer Game Museum
- Switching from iPhone to Android: what I miss, what I don't
- Tech City: Easy to score when you move the goalposts
- How to remove SkyDrive from the Windows 8.1 Explorer
- Switching from iPhone to Android? Switch off iMessage
- Why is Google pumping more money into Firefox?
- Sky Broadband Shield review
- Samsung Galaxy S4: how to double your battery life
- Motorola Moto G review: first look
- IBM Watson meets Willy Wonka