Installing Ubuntu from a USB memory stick
Want to try out the open-source OS? We show how to install Ubuntu from USB
By , 17 Mar 2011 at 13:17
Installing Ubuntu is easy - especially if you do it from a memory stick.
Read our indepth guide to installing Ubuntu to decide which version of the open-source operating system to install - desktop or netbook, 32-bit or 64-bit - and then follow the instructions in our step-by-step guide below to do it directly from a USB stick.
... so easy to install and use ... I have to admit it's brilliant - and the software packager is a breeze for installing other apps too - especially VirtualBox which is a great way to enjoy Windows ;)
By nicomo on 6 Sep 2011
- Make the most of your mobile data
- Old-school internet scams: five that just won't die
- Bitcoin believers not worried by Mt. Gox disarray
- How to hack your car
- Small server vs cloud: which is best for SMBs?
- Block party: why do millions play Minecraft?
- What to do if you’re still on Windows XP
- Microsoft Word: top 20 secret features
- Measuring me: is your body the future of security?
- The best mobile apps for business
- Move over Delia: IBM Watson is cooking tonight
- Eric Schmidt on the double-edged smartphone: friend and foe
- Getty joins the race to the bottom
- Hour of Code: five steps to learn how to code
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet review: first look
- Sony Xperia Z2 review: first look
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 review: first look
- Nokia XL review: first look
- Samsung Galaxy S5 review: first look
- Nokia X review: first look