Six steps to instantly improve your photos
Follow these simple steps to bring an instant lift to almost all photos
By David Fearon, 27 Jan 2010 at 12:07
The most important step in the photography process is getting the right shot with the right settings, but there are plenty of things you can do in software to make an average shot good, and a good shot great.
The word “workflow” often crops up in digital photography circles, for the simple reason that there’s a standard chain of software operations that will enhance most photos.
You’ll find you want to apply them on a regular basis, before you think about any other enhancements for a given image. Click here for our complete guide to creating perfect photos.
what dunce wrote this
Anyone who cares a wit about their photos already knows this stuff. And those who don't know don't care. Next time add something useful to the mix or don't bother at all!
By qaz111111 on 8 Nov 2010
What dunce wrote that?
So you're saying that photographers (like you presumably) are born, not made, with the knowledge already hard wired into their brains? Next time qaz....no, don't let there be a next time.
By downview on 11 Nov 2010
Helpful - Thanks for posting
Good basic stuff except it seems for qaz who might mistakenly consider that she is an expert in all things.
By kestrel on 19 Dec 2010
How do I know if my intell processor is being recalled? I just purchased a Dell modell SX 8100-2777NBS Studio XPS and was told all are uner recall? Is this true
Thank you for any help you can give me.
By Laurie on 16 Feb 2011
- Best of IFA 2014: what smartphones, tablets, smartwatches are expected to launch at IFA this year?
- How to uninstall a program on Windows: remove unwanted apps from your PC
- How to format a USB drive on a Mac or Windows
- What’s the best 4G network in the UK?
- How to set up a wireless hotspot for your business: give customers free or paid for internet access
- How to download YouTube videos: save YouTube videos to your iPhone, iPad, laptop or Android device
- How to access iCloud on a PC
- Nexus 5 vs Moto G 4G (2014 model)
- Chromecast vs Roku Streaming Stick vs Apple TV: what's the best TV streaming device?
- The 8 best small tablets of 2014: what's the best compact tablet?
- 20 years of PC Pro: our best covers
- Why we've closed the PC Pro forums
- How to turn off Google Location Tracking
- 20 years of PC Pro: our greatest review mistakes
- 20 years of PC Pro: our first A-List
- Wikipedia's "right to be forgotten" protest hits the wrong note
- 3D printing hits the high street for plastic selfies
- 20 years of PC Pro: What amazed us in our first issue
- How Google Glass ruined my lunch hour
- Smartphone battery packs: can a USB power pack beat the festival battery blues?