How to set up Windows 7 Libraries
Get faster access to your files with our guide to setting up Windows 7's Libraries feature
By David Fearon, 29 Jul 2009 at 15:09
Libraries are the first major addition to the standard Windows Explorer interface for a long time. They're a great way to group collection of folders and files together from disparate locations without needing to make copies.
The Libraries folder hierarchy is an organisational one - it doesn't reflect the actual folder structure on your hard disk. This is one of the reasons a few people haven't taken at all well to the notion, but it's really not that difficult to understand.
Find out how to get started with Libraries here.
Do this feature work accross hards drives on th same system
I have HD0/1/2
When trying to save a file using IE7 it will save to HD0 but crashes on HD1 or HD2.
If I try to copy a file from HD0 using Windows Explorer to HD1 or HD2 it crahses.
By roberttrebor on 18 Aug 2009
Step 2 is vague
2 locations link?, i'm assuming you can only click on one of the destinations and carry on from there?
Can see windows 7 will sell another load of dummies etc books as a fair bits altered again..why not just build on whats already there microsoft?
By bouncy1 on 20 Aug 2009
- How to format a USB drive on a Mac or Windows
- What’s the best 4G network in the UK?
- How to set up a wireless hotspot for your business: give customers free or paid for internet access
- How to download YouTube videos: save YouTube videos to your iPhone, iPad, laptop or Android device
- How to access iCloud on a PC
- Nexus 5 vs Moto G 4G (2014 model)
- Chromecast vs Roku Streaming Stick vs Apple TV: what's the best TV streaming device?
- The 8 best small tablets of 2014: what's the best compact tablet?
- How to edit PDFs: make change to a PDF
- Building a patently better future
- 20 years of PC Pro: our greatest review mistakes
- 20 years of PC Pro: our first A-List
- Wikipedia's "right to be forgotten" protest hits the wrong note
- 3D printing hits the high street for plastic selfies
- 20 years of PC Pro: What amazed us in our first issue
- How Google Glass ruined my lunch hour
- Smartphone battery packs: can a USB power pack beat the festival battery blues?
- Windows Easy Transfer – not so "easy" in Windows 8.1
- Formula 1: what a difference virtualisation makes
- Office of the future: comfy chairs and tablets everywhere