How to set up Windows 7 Libraries
Get faster access to your files with our guide to setting up Windows 7's Libraries feature
By David Fearon, 29 Jul 2009 at 15:09
Libraries are the first major addition to the standard Windows Explorer interface for a long time. They're a great way to group collection of folders and files together from disparate locations without needing to make copies.
The Libraries folder hierarchy is an organisational one - it doesn't reflect the actual folder structure on your hard disk. This is one of the reasons a few people haven't taken at all well to the notion, but it's really not that difficult to understand.
Find out how to get started with Libraries here.
Do this feature work accross hards drives on th same system
I have HD0/1/2
When trying to save a file using IE7 it will save to HD0 but crashes on HD1 or HD2.
If I try to copy a file from HD0 using Windows Explorer to HD1 or HD2 it crahses.
By roberttrebor on 18 Aug 2009
Step 2 is vague
2 locations link?, i'm assuming you can only click on one of the destinations and carry on from there?
Can see windows 7 will sell another load of dummies etc books as a fair bits altered again..why not just build on whats already there microsoft?
By bouncy1 on 20 Aug 2009
- How to upgrade from Windows XP to Ubuntu
- The great iPhone ripoff and how it works
- Heartbleed: what you need to know and do
- Data recovery: inside the clean room
- Best tablet PCs to buy in 2014
- How much RAM do you really need?
- News of the weird: the strangest ever tech stories
- Five hyped technologies: disruptive or not?
- Piracy's dying: why we're all going straight
- Office: should you buy it, rent it - or dump it?
- Windows 8.1 Update: an abject surrender
- The insane economics of Sky Now TV
- No such thing as a free app... so pay up if you want quality
- Time to outlaw crapware-laden installers
- Windows Phone 8.1 video: hands-on
- Office for iPad: key information
- Why every PC buyer owes Richard Durkin a debt of gratitude
- HTC One M8 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: 2014's big-hitters compared
- Windows XP end of life: key information
- Cut out the broadband jargon? What jargon?