How to set up Windows 7 Libraries
Get faster access to your files with our guide to setting up Windows 7's Libraries feature
By David Fearon, 29 Jul 2009 at 15:09
Libraries are the first major addition to the standard Windows Explorer interface for a long time. They're a great way to group collection of folders and files together from disparate locations without needing to make copies.
The Libraries folder hierarchy is an organisational one - it doesn't reflect the actual folder structure on your hard disk. This is one of the reasons a few people haven't taken at all well to the notion, but it's really not that difficult to understand.
Find out how to get started with Libraries here.
Do this feature work accross hards drives on th same system
I have HD0/1/2
When trying to save a file using IE7 it will save to HD0 but crashes on HD1 or HD2.
If I try to copy a file from HD0 using Windows Explorer to HD1 or HD2 it crahses.
By roberttrebor on 18 Aug 2009
Step 2 is vague
2 locations link?, i'm assuming you can only click on one of the destinations and carry on from there?
Can see windows 7 will sell another load of dummies etc books as a fair bits altered again..why not just build on whats already there microsoft?
By bouncy1 on 20 Aug 2009
- The 7 best Chromebooks of 2014
- iPhone 6 vs Galaxy S5: is the Apple or Samsung flagship smartphone right for you?
- How to install iOS 8 without deleting apps and data
- The best smartwatches of 2014: what's the best smartwatch?
- Nexus 6 (X or Shamu) release date, price and specs rumour roundup
- Best of IDF: top tech and memorable moments from Intel's tech show
- How Apple Pay works and how to use it on your iPhone 6 or Apple Watch
- Tech of the future... and the British boffins building it
- Abuse magnets: the people behind corporate Twitter accounts
- Putting people at the centre of software design
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- Apple Watch, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Tim Cook's Apple back with a bang?
- BT Home Hub 5: how to get maximum speed
- 20 years of PC Pro: one-star reviews (including "the worst tablet we've ever seen")
- 20 years of PC Pro: our best covers
- Why we've closed the PC Pro forums