HP Slate 7 review
HP has crafted a solid, attractive tablet for a superb price, but the Slate 7 simply cuts too many corners to earn a recommendation
Review Date: 6 Aug 2013
Reviewed By: Sasha Muller
Price when reviewed: £108 (£130 inc VAT)
Features & Design
Value for Money
|Part Code||Slate 7|
|Review Date||6 Aug 2013|
|Price ex VAT||£108|
|Price inc VAT||£130|
|Features & Design|
|Value for Money|
|Dimensions||116 x 11 x 197mm (WDH)|
|Resolution screen horizontal||600|
|Resolution screen vertical||1,024|
|Display type||Multitouch, capacitive|
|CPU frequency, MHz||1.6GHz|
|Camera megapixel rating||3.0mp|
|Accessories supplied||AC power adapter, USB cable|
|Upstream USB ports||0|
|Mobile operating system||Android 4.1.1|
- Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet sales halted over faulty charger
- Microsoft slashes custom XP support price
- Amazon Phone: does anyone want a 3D handset?
- Virgin email fiasco hits thousands of users
- Chrome Remote Desktop now available on Android
- Google posts "average quarter" with slow growth
- What's on this week's PC Pro podcast?
- BBC iPlayer lets Android devices download shows
- Google's Project Ara modular phone arrives in January
- Hackers harvest LaCie card data for a full year
- Windows 8.1 Update: an abject surrender
- The insane economics of Sky Now TV
- No such thing as a free app... so pay up if you want quality
- Time to outlaw crapware-laden installers
- Windows Phone 8.1 video: hands-on
- Office for iPad: key information
- Why every PC buyer owes Richard Durkin a debt of gratitude
- HTC One M8 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: 2014's big-hitters compared
- Windows XP end of life: key information
- Cut out the broadband jargon? What jargon?
- The great iPhone ripoff and how it works
- Heartbleed: what you need to know and do
- Data recovery: inside the clean room
- Best tablet PCs to buy in 2014
- How much RAM do you really need?
- News of the weird: the strangest ever tech stories
- Five hyped technologies: disruptive or not?
- Piracy's dying: why we're all going straight
- Office: should you buy it, rent it - or dump it?
- Make the most of your mobile data
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office
- How to write your company's IT security policy
- Raspberry Pi and Wolfram: a must-have for every child
- Could you get by with Office Web Apps?
- The best Android antivirus apps for 2014
- Headings vs headers: how to use both in Word
- Windows Server 2012 R2: how the Datacenter edition could change SMBs