HP Slate 7 review
HP has crafted a solid, attractive tablet for a superb price, but the Slate 7 simply cuts too many corners to earn a recommendation
Review Date: 6 Aug 2013
Reviewed By: Sasha Muller
Price when reviewed: £108 (£130 inc VAT)
Features & Design
Value for Money
|Part Code||Slate 7|
|Review Date||6 Aug 2013|
|Price ex VAT||£108|
|Price inc VAT||£130|
|Features & Design|
|Value for Money|
|Dimensions||116 x 11 x 197mm (WDH)|
|Resolution screen horizontal||600|
|Resolution screen vertical||1,024|
|Display type||Multitouch, capacitive|
|CPU frequency, MHz||1.6GHz|
|Camera megapixel rating||3.0mp|
|Accessories supplied||AC power adapter, USB cable|
|Upstream USB ports||0|
|Mobile operating system||Android 4.1.1|
Fragile power socket
Based on this review I was interested in this tablet for my sons at Christmas. HP even did a bundle deal with case for £110 with £10 cash back. I bought 4 and 3 have been returned for power socket repair under warranty. The people in the shop admitted that HP had used inferior materials and have replaced LOADS of power sockets. Poor show
By scannerpaul on 9 Jun 2014
- Microsoft reveals Windows 10... no, really
- eBay and PayPal split up
- iOS 8.0.2: old problems remain, new bugs added
- Technopop: London sci-tech festival is just for kids
- Windows 10: release date, features, free update and cloud version
- Chromebooks get version of Photoshop
- Retina display iMacs "coming soon"
- Apple patches ShellShock Bash bug
- Should the UK be a sharing economy?
- Want free Wi-Fi? It'll cost your first-born child
- Michael Dell: Cloud infrastructure is the roads, bridges and highways of the 21st century
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- Apple Watch, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Tim Cook's Apple back with a bang?
- BT Home Hub 5: how to get maximum speed
- 20 years of PC Pro: one-star reviews (including "the worst tablet we've ever seen")
- 20 years of PC Pro: our best covers
- Smartphone benchmarks 2014: what's the fastest smartphone?
- What is Kindle Unlimited and how does it work?
- BlackBerry Passport release date, UK price and specs
- OS X Yosemite release date, price and key new features
- How to change keyboard in iOS 8: customise the iPhone 6 keyboard
- The 7 best Chromebooks of 2014
- Apple iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: is the new iPhone 6 better than the Galaxy S5?
- How to install iOS 8 without deleting apps and data
- The best smartwatches of 2014: what's the best smartwatch?
- Nexus 6/X release date, specs and rumoured UK price
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office