Nexus 7 review
Powerful, well built and with a better screen than you’d expect for the price, Asus and Google's Nexus 7 sets the new gold standard for budget tablets
Review Date: 11 Jan 2013
Reviewed By: David Bayon
Price when reviewed: £166 (£199 inc VAT)
Features & Design
Value for Money
|Part Code||Nexus 7|
|Review Date||11 Jan 2013|
|Price ex VAT||£166|
|Price inc VAT||£199|
|Features & Design|
|Value for Money|
|Dimensions||120 x 199 x 10.5mm (WDH)|
|Resolution screen horizontal||800|
|Resolution screen vertical||1,280|
|Display type||Colour touchscreen LCD|
|CPU frequency, MHz||1.3GHz|
|Camera megapixel rating||N/A|
|Upstream USB ports||1|
|Mobile operating system||Android 4.1|
Great little device
My wife was really please to find one under Christmas tree.
Tried to get 3G version but no chance...
By aa111 on 11 Jan 2013
32 GB model
You should update the section on the storage available.
There is as you know now a 32GB version but it's not even mentioned in the Update section.
It would also be useful with information on how to get the update of the OS. My 16GB version hasn't informed me of the upgrade in the way my iPad2 did for its OS upgrade.
By MikeW2 on 12 Jan 2013
Use of 32GB would have been clearer !
Sorry about the comment on you not mentioning the 32GB model.
I was looking in the upgrade section for "32GB" rather than the much less clear "and storage space has doubled since our original review" which I now see IS there.
By MikeW2 on 12 Jan 2013
It only £159 on Google play store.
By curiousclive on 28 Jan 2013
why nexus 7 is heavily priced in india compared to usa , uk
15999 INR in india...
By pavanj7 on 6 Apr 2013
Had mine since Christmas. Had to send it back early January as it was overheating and taking up to 20 mins to start (and to stop). Returned within a week and been OK since. Use it to read news,books and email and as a Satnav. Not good for google as if software is not free I won't use it. Better than my wife's Kindle as it is more versatile. I love it.
By miket82 on 7 May 2013
I Found the cheapest price and also the most complete review of the new Google Nexus 7 FHD Tablet. Just click here to check it out :
By Edwin_davis on 27 Jul 2013
- Diaspora: we can't stop spread of beheading videos
- Sony Xperia Z3 specs leak online
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6L pictures leak online
- Bug hunters paid to target Oculus Rift
- Meet the "scarecrows" and "snipers" slaying Twitter spam
- Google gets one million DMCA piracy takedowns a day
- What's on this week's PC Pro podcast?
- Twitter bans beheading video, lets family members remove death photos
- HTC launches One M8 for Windows... but only in the US
- Nokia Lumia 530 UK release date and price revealed
- 20 years of PC Pro: our greatest review mistakes
- 20 years of PC Pro: our first A-List
- Wikipedia's "right to be forgotten" protest hits the wrong note
- 3D printing hits the high street for plastic selfies
- 20 years of PC Pro: What amazed us in our first issue
- How Google Glass ruined my lunch hour
- Smartphone battery packs: can a USB power pack beat the festival battery blues?
- Windows Easy Transfer – not so "easy" in Windows 8.1
- Formula 1: what a difference virtualisation makes
- Office of the future: comfy chairs and tablets everywhere
- What’s the best 4G network in the UK?
- How to set up a wireless hotspot for your business: give customers free or paid for internet access
- How to download YouTube videos: save YouTube videos to your iPhone, iPad, laptop or Android device
- How to access iCloud on a PC
- Nexus 5 vs Moto G 4G (2014 model)
- Chromecast vs Roku Streaming Stick vs Apple TV: what's the best TV streaming device?
- The 8 best small tablets of 2014: what's the best compact tablet?
- How to edit PDFs: make change to a PDF
- Building a patently better future
- How to update Android apps individually: stop Google Play apps from auto-updating
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office
- How to write your company's IT security policy