Nexus 7 review
Powerful, well built and with a better screen than you’d expect for the price, Asus and Google's Nexus 7 sets the new gold standard for budget tablets
Review Date: 11 Jan 2013
Reviewed By: David Bayon
Price when reviewed: £166 (£199 inc VAT)
Features & Design
Value for Money
Great little device
My wife was really please to find one under Christmas tree.
Tried to get 3G version but no chance...
By aa111 on 11 Jan 2013
32 GB model
You should update the section on the storage available.
There is as you know now a 32GB version but it's not even mentioned in the Update section.
It would also be useful with information on how to get the update of the OS. My 16GB version hasn't informed me of the upgrade in the way my iPad2 did for its OS upgrade.
By MikeW2 on 12 Jan 2013
Use of 32GB would have been clearer !
Sorry about the comment on you not mentioning the 32GB model.
I was looking in the upgrade section for "32GB" rather than the much less clear "and storage space has doubled since our original review" which I now see IS there.
By MikeW2 on 12 Jan 2013
It only £159 on Google play store.
By curiousclive on 28 Jan 2013
why nexus 7 is heavily priced in india compared to usa , uk
15999 INR in india...
By pavanj7 on 6 Apr 2013
Had mine since Christmas. Had to send it back early January as it was overheating and taking up to 20 mins to start (and to stop). Returned within a week and been OK since. Use it to read news,books and email and as a Satnav. Not good for google as if software is not free I won't use it. Better than my wife's Kindle as it is more versatile. I love it.
By miket82 on 7 May 2013
- What's on this week's PC Pro podcast?
- Apple TV adds HBO Go, Sky News and WatchESPN
- Surface RT tablets to feature Qualcomm processors
- BT CEO steps down to join government
- Nvidia to license graphics tech to smartphone makers
- Microsoft frees two million PCs from botnet
- Huawei considers Nokia buyout
- Child abuse showdown "hijacked by ignorant MPs"
- Government wheedles more funding for online child protection from ISPs
- AMD’s "Seattle" ARM chips set for 2014 release
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC review: first look
- Huawei Ascend P6 review: first look
- Adobe Illustrator CC review: first look
- Let MPs tell us what they really want ISPs to block
- Adobe Photoshop CC review: first look
- WWDC 2013 and iOS 7 launch: live blog
- Sony VAIO Pro review: first look
- Want child porn blocked? Meet the IWF
- Is it worth upgrading a media centre to Windows 8?
- Flickr redesign: is it enough to tempt photographers back?
- Manage a mailing list with MailChimp
- Best Linux distros for 2013
- 36 best Android apps
- How to track a stolen phone, laptop or tablet
- The man who teaches the world to Google
- 38 best iPad apps
- Moving PC made easy
- 35 best web apps
- Software subscriptions return us to a life of servitude
- Dropbox: everything you need to know
- Facebook "click on the photo" scams: how they work
- Three alternatives to Word's spelling and grammar checker
- Google two-step verification: a must for business email
- Microsoft Office and the death of upgrades
- The ICO's shame-faced u-turn on cookies
- Start8 and ModernMix: making Windows 8 work on a desktop
- How to boost your mobile reception
- How to fix Facebook: Social Fixer
- Taking the stress out of WordPress updates
- Where to download free web fonts
There are dozens of exciting prizes up for grabs on PC Pro Competitions. All our competitions are free to enter. Try your luck.ENTER NOW