Nexus 7 review
Powerful, well built and with a better screen than you’d expect for the price, Asus and Google's Nexus 7 sets the new gold standard for budget tablets
Review Date: 11 Jan 2013
Reviewed By: David Bayon
Price when reviewed: £166 (£199 inc VAT)
Features & Design
Value for Money
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
Great little device
My wife was really please to find one under Christmas tree.
Tried to get 3G version but no chance...
By aa111 on 11 Jan 2013
32 GB model
You should update the section on the storage available.
There is as you know now a 32GB version but it's not even mentioned in the Update section.
It would also be useful with information on how to get the update of the OS. My 16GB version hasn't informed me of the upgrade in the way my iPad2 did for its OS upgrade.
By MikeW2 on 12 Jan 2013
Use of 32GB would have been clearer !
Sorry about the comment on you not mentioning the 32GB model.
I was looking in the upgrade section for "32GB" rather than the much less clear "and storage space has doubled since our original review" which I now see IS there.
By MikeW2 on 12 Jan 2013
It only £159 on Google play store.
By curiousclive on 28 Jan 2013
why nexus 7 is heavily priced in india compared to usa , uk
15999 INR in india...
By pavanj7 on 6 Apr 2013
Had mine since Christmas. Had to send it back early January as it was overheating and taking up to 20 mins to start (and to stop). Returned within a week and been OK since. Use it to read news,books and email and as a Satnav. Not good for google as if software is not free I won't use it. Better than my wife's Kindle as it is more versatile. I love it.
By miket82 on 7 May 2013
I Found the cheapest price and also the most complete review of the new Google Nexus 7 FHD Tablet. Just click here to check it out :
By Edwin_davis on 27 Jul 2013
- Google buys Oxford University AI startups
- Microsoft Kinect SDK 2 brings apps to Windows Store
- Raspberry Pi unveils DIY tablet kit
- Windows 10: two-factor authentication coming to every device
- What is Google Inbox?
- What's on this week's PC Pro podcast?
- Apple patent reveals iPhone car control system
- Windows 10 release date, features and how to get the Technical Preview
- Microsoft updates Windows 10 tech preview
- End of an era: Nokia Lumia to become Microsoft Lumia
- Google Glass: mugger bait, pub problem and other lessons learned from two dangerous weeks
- Twitter, please don't fiddle with my feed
- How Satya Nadella can get some pay-raise karma
- Windows 10: a step back to go forward
- Michael Dell: Cloud infrastructure is the roads, bridges and highways of the 21st century
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- iPad Air 2 vs Nexus 9: Apple and Google's latest high-end tablets compared
- Five things that are actually new in the iPad Air 2
- Bendgate, Antennagate, and why Apple doesn’t care about bad news
- iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 release date, specs and UK price rumours
- Office Online vs Google Docs: which free online office suite is best?
- iPhone 6 Plus vs iPhone 6 design comparison
- How to speed up an Android smartphone
- Nexus 6 release date, specs, UK price and leaked images
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus screen comparison
- Mac OS X Yosemite release date, price and new features
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office