CyberLink Media Suite 9 Ultra review
A good media suite gets a little better, but purchase and upgrade prices are a touch too expensive
Review Date: 24 Jan 2011
Reviewed By: Jonathan Bray
Price when reviewed: £75 (£90 inc VAT)
Features & Design
Value for Money
Ease of Use
Could have been excellent... Except!
I bought this about a week after it was released and you should all be warned that it's full of ADWARE, which considering the high price is totally unacceptable and the suite keeps on pestering you to UPGRADE your new software! WHY?
You've just bought it. Perhaps PCPro may like to take these issues up with Cyberlink, because at the end of the day I'm very unhappy with constant pop-ups badgering me to upgrade to new software & Ad's!
By SKINHEAD1967 on 24 Jan 2011
video transcode not flexible
MediaEspresso 6 does convert videos very quickly using nVidia CUDA but there is no 2-pass option, so video quality is not optimal and files are very large compared to nero, badaboom and even freemakevideo converter.
By dong89798 on 27 Jan 2011
- Child abuse showdown "hijacked by ignorant MPs"
- Government wheedles more funding for online child protection from ISPs
- AMD’s "Seattle" ARM chips set for 2014 release
- Microsoft offloads cheap Surface RT tablets to schools
- Outlook.com to ditch linked accounts over security fears
- Adobe’s subscription-only Creative Cloud goes live
- Skype rolls out free video voicemail
- Spotify confirms UK outage
- Google builds system to identify child abuse images
- Google balloons beam broadband to remote areas
- Huawei Ascend P6 review: first look
- Adobe Illustrator CC review: first look
- Let MPs tell us what they really want ISPs to block
- Adobe Photoshop CC review: first look
- WWDC 2013 and iOS 7 launch: live blog
- Sony VAIO Pro review: first look
- Want child porn blocked? Meet the IWF
- Is it worth upgrading a media centre to Windows 8?
- Flickr redesign: is it enough to tempt photographers back?
- Hands on with the new Google Maps
- Manage a mailing list with MailChimp
- Best Linux distros for 2013
- 36 best Android apps
- How to track a stolen phone, laptop or tablet
- The man who teaches the world to Google
- 38 best iPad apps
- Moving PC made easy
- 35 best web apps
- Software subscriptions return us to a life of servitude
- Dropbox: everything you need to know
- Facebook "click on the photo" scams: how they work
- Three alternatives to Word's spelling and grammar checker
- Google two-step verification: a must for business email
- Microsoft Office and the death of upgrades
- The ICO's shame-faced u-turn on cookies
- Start8 and ModernMix: making Windows 8 work on a desktop
- How to boost your mobile reception
- How to fix Facebook: Social Fixer
- Taking the stress out of WordPress updates
- Where to download free web fonts
There are dozens of exciting prizes up for grabs on PC Pro Competitions. All our competitions are free to enter. Try your luck.ENTER NOW