Sony Xperia S review
A decent all-rounder with a fantastic screen and a very reasonable price tag undermined by unacceptable battery life
Review Date: 26 Apr 2012
Reviewed By: Mike Jennings
Price when reviewed: Free, on a £21.00 per month, 24 months contract.
Features & Design
Value for Money
720 x 1,820 screen. Assume that should be 720 X 1280 ;)
By Bassey1976 on 26 Apr 2012
i Have one of these as it has an ANT chip for connecting to heart rate monitors and speed and cadence sensors on my Bicycle. The battery life isnt good but It does generally last a Day.I dont like the position of the charging usb socket or the volume control.The in car holder preses on the volume when horizintal as its near the middle of the phone.I am looking forward to the ICS upgrade.
By robfisheruk on 26 Apr 2012
No mention here of Xperia SmartTags – which allow you to turn on apps or switch your smartphone settings with a single swipe.
By Beckenham2000 on 11 May 2012
- What's on this week's PC Pro podcast?
- Schools warm up to BYOD for tablets
- HTC staff should "just quit"
- Xbox One: what it means for Windows PCs
- IBM's Watson answers customers' questions
- Vodafone waiting for new iPhone to launch 4G
- Tim Cook unapologetic over Apple's taxes
- New CEO reorganises Intel to target "new devices"
- Flexible tablets closer to reality with graphene ink
- Now Apple is targeted over tax avoidance
- Flickr redesign: is it enough to tempt photographers back?
- Hands on with the new Google Maps
- Nokia Lumia 925 review: first look
- Why I won't subscribe to Creative Cloud
- GoPro camera strapped to a remote-control helicopter: the ultimate boy's toy
- Acer Iconia A1 review: first look
- Acer Aspire P3 review: first look
- Acer Aspire R7 review: first look
- How we produce the PC Pro podcast
- Google Now draining iPhone battery
- Dropbox: everything you need to know
- Best smartphones for 2013
- The best broadband speed tests
- iPhone apps for business travel
- How to get a job as a mobile games developer
- 25 best Windows 8 apps
- Introducing Arduino - a simple Raspberry Pi alternative
- The tweeting spaceman
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs HTC One
- 30 best web apps
- The ICO's shame-faced u-turn on cookies
- Start8 and ModernMix: making Windows 8 work on a desktop
- How to boost your mobile reception
- How to fix Facebook: Social Fixer
- Taking the stress out of WordPress updates
- Where to download free web fonts
- Turn your tablet into a Sky+ remote control
- How to measure the success of a new IT system
- Three years on: the state of the tablet market
- Windows 8: what works and what doesn't
There are dozens of exciting prizes up for grabs on PC Pro Competitions. All our competitions are free to enter. Try your luck.ENTER NOW