Dell PowerEdge T620 review
A big, bold pedestal server with the latest E5-2600 Xeons, huge expansion potential and extremely low noise levels
Review Date: 4 Jul 2012
Reviewed By: Dave Mitchell
Price when reviewed: £5,186 (£6,223 inc VAT)
Features & Design
Value for Money
Over £5k for a dual processor server with 500Gb of storage would be extortionate on the face of it. More detail in the specs are needed before this price could possibly be 5/6 in terms of value for money.
Stop living in cloud cuckoo land and try and sell this to customers, you would be laughed out of the door.
By MIssingLink on 5 Jul 2012
- Will HP finally split into two companies?
- Chromebooks get version of Photoshop
- Toshiba beats retreat from consumer PC market
- Ellison steps down: but who's really running Oracle now?
- Microsoft set to make more job cuts
- Is Peter Pan panto tickets email genuine? Oh no, it isn't
- Intel triples Xeon E5 chip performance, adds DDR4
- Patch Tuesday targets critical IE flaw
- Microsoft refuses to hand over customer emails
- Microsoft yanks Windows 8.1 update after crash reports
- Google Glass: mugger bait, pub problem and other lessons learned from two dangerous weeks
- Twitter, please don't fiddle with my feed
- How Satya Nadella can get some pay-raise karma
- Windows 10: a step back to go forward
- Michael Dell: Cloud infrastructure is the roads, bridges and highways of the 21st century
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- How to set up a wireless hotspot for your business: give customers free or paid for internet access
- Five worst SMB security threats... and how to solve them
- Doing business in a social era
- How to configure SysLookup for your network
- The 18 best Outlook tips for increasing productivity: become an Outlook expert with these lesser-known tips
- Office: should you buy it, rent it - or dump it?
- Small server vs cloud: which is best for SMBs?
- The best mobile apps for business
- Windows XP: Microsoft’s ticking time bomb
- gTLDs: what your business should know about new domain names
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office