Dell PowerEdge T620 review
A big, bold pedestal server with the latest E5-2600 Xeons, huge expansion potential and extremely low noise levels
Review Date: 4 Jul 2012
Reviewed By: Dave Mitchell
Price when reviewed: £5,186 (£6,223 inc VAT)
Features & Design
Value for Money
Over £5k for a dual processor server with 500Gb of storage would be extortionate on the face of it. More detail in the specs are needed before this price could possibly be 5/6 in terms of value for money.
Stop living in cloud cuckoo land and try and sell this to customers, you would be laughed out of the door.
By MIssingLink on 5 Jul 2012
- Microsoft yanks Windows 8.1 update after crash reports
- Microsoft backtracks on blocking out-of-date Java
- Gartner: time to start planning your Windows 7 upgrade
- Still on IE8? You've got 18 months to upgrade
- Who's buying Chromebooks? American schools
- Microsoft targets Windows in next Patch Tuesday
- Microsoft to block old ActiveX controls in security push
- Samsung and Apple call off all legal disputes, except in the US
- Microsoft ordered to hand over European data
- Will the next Windows 8.1 update arrive next month?
- 20 years of PC Pro: our greatest review mistakes
- 20 years of PC Pro: our first A-List
- Wikipedia's "right to be forgotten" protest hits the wrong note
- 3D printing hits the high street for plastic selfies
- 20 years of PC Pro: What amazed us in our first issue
- How Google Glass ruined my lunch hour
- Smartphone battery packs: can a USB power pack beat the festival battery blues?
- Windows Easy Transfer – not so "easy" in Windows 8.1
- Formula 1: what a difference virtualisation makes
- Office of the future: comfy chairs and tablets everywhere
- How to set up a wireless hotspot for your business: give customers free or paid for internet access
- Five worst SMB security threats... and how to solve them
- Doing business in a social era
- How to configure SysLookup for your network
- The 18 best Outlook tips for increasing productivity: become an Outlook expert with these lesser-known tips
- Office: should you buy it, rent it - or dump it?
- Small server vs cloud: which is best for SMBs?
- The best mobile apps for business
- Windows XP: Microsoft’s ticking time bomb
- gTLDs: what your business should know about new domain names
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office
- How to write your company's IT security policy