Nokia 7600 review
Review Date: 16 Aug 2004
Price when reviewed: (inc VAT)
Looking like an avante garde lemon and with an unusual key layout, the 7600 won't appeal to everyone. Its stylised menus match its fascia, but navigation turns out to be quite intuitive after a surprisingly short time. Interesting features include an MP3 player (though 30MB memory limits its appeal), MP3 ringtones and it can be used for 3G video downloading, but you can't videoconference with it.
Bluetooth capabilities impressed us: sending and receiving files with other phones was simplicity itself. Using a standard PC dongle, only PIM synchronisation is missing. However, you can do this with Nokia's PC suite, which caters for every phone function you have. Annoyingly it appears as many small applications, unlike the tightly integrated Motorola application. Nonetheless, if you like the 7600's looks, you'll like its functionality.
- Fitness trackers could pose stalking risk
- Will the iPhone 6 arrive a month before the iWatch?
- SilentPower PC keeps cool with copper foam
- 1Password coming to iOS 8 apps
- What's on this week's PC Pro podcast?
- Finally legal to rip music from CDs - just don't break DRM
- Hot hardware video: Google Glass
- Microsoft to launch two new Windows Phones
- Amazon reveals why ebooks should cost less than $10
- Self-driving cars will be on UK roads in six months
- How Google Glass ruined my lunch hour
- Smartphone battery packs: can a USB power pack beat the festival battery blues?
- Windows Easy Transfer – not so "easy" in Windows 8.1
- Formula 1: what a difference virtualisation makes
- Office of the future: comfy chairs and tablets everywhere
- I went to Glastonbury and the only thing that got high was my smartphone
- Meet the robots helping teach children
- PaperLater: would you pay to print the internet?
- Amazon vs Kobo: how much to make the ebook switch?
- Phishing emails: how I nearly got caught out
- 13 computers that changed the world
- How to download YouTube videos to a PC or laptop: is it legal to download YouTube videos?
- Dropbox vs OneDrive vs Google Drive: what's the best cloud storage service of 2014?
- Hacking the Internet of Things: from smart cars to toilets
- BlackBerry Passport release date, specs, features, and rumours: when is the new BlackBerry coming out?
- What's changing in the computing curriculum
- Teaching kids to code
- Best free translation apps for iOS, Android and Windows Phone
- Five worst SMB security threats... and how to solve them
- Apple iOS vs Android vs Windows 8 – what's the best compact tablet OS?
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office
- How to write your company's IT security policy
- Raspberry Pi and Wolfram: a must-have for every child