HTC S730 review
Review Date: 7 Mar 2008
Reviewed By: Paul Ockenden
Price when reviewed: (£315 inc VAT)
The S730 is the latest incarnation of HTC's popular sliding-keyboard candy bar smartphone. We looked at the previous version (in Orange SPV E650 clothing) in our Smartphone Labs in issue 160 (web ID: 145113), and found it to be a superb phone, albeit one hampered by a lack of high-speed mobile data. The S730 addresses this, providing 3G and HSDPA for rapid internet access. Having 3G onboard means video calling is available, too. The CPU speed has increased, as has the overall size of the phone, although only slightly. You also get Wi-Fi, and annoyingly we believe there's also a GPS receiver inside the device, although HTC hasn't enabled it. But even without GPS, it's still a fantastic phone.
Author: Paul Ockenden
- How to remove the U2 album from an iPhone: iTunes antivirus tool launched
- Windows 9 Technical Preview launch date revealed
- Why Microsoft was forced to buy Minecraft
- New Windows 9 videos show off multi-desktops and notification centre
- BT and mobile networks warn of rising cost of Scotland split
- Phones 4u collapse puts iPhone 6 orders in doubt
- Chromebook owners get access to Android apps
- SanDisk lets you pop half-terabyte card in your camera
- Windows 9 video shows new Start menu
- iPhone 6 goes on sale... and retailer sites go down
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- Apple Watch, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Tim Cook's Apple back with a bang?
- BT Home Hub 5: how to get maximum speed
- 20 years of PC Pro: one-star reviews (including "the worst tablet we've ever seen")
- 20 years of PC Pro: our best covers
- Why we've closed the PC Pro forums
- How to turn off Google Location Tracking
- The best smartwatches of 2014: what's the best smartwatch?
- Best of IDF: top tech and memorable moments from Intel's tech show
- How Apple Pay works and how to use it on your iPhone 6 or Apple Watch
- How to use remote-access software
- Tech support horror stories
- Become a tech support superhero
- Best of IFA 2014: what smartphones, tablets, smartwatches are expected to launch at IFA this year?
- How to uninstall a program on Windows: remove unwanted apps from your PC
- How to format a USB drive on a Mac or Windows
- What’s the best 4G network in the UK?
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office