HTC S730 review
Review Date: 7 Mar 2008
Reviewed By: Paul Ockenden
Price when reviewed: (£315 inc VAT)
The S730 is the latest incarnation of HTC's popular sliding-keyboard candy bar smartphone. We looked at the previous version (in Orange SPV E650 clothing) in our Smartphone Labs in issue 160 (web ID: 145113), and found it to be a superb phone, albeit one hampered by a lack of high-speed mobile data. The S730 addresses this, providing 3G and HSDPA for rapid internet access. Having 3G onboard means video calling is available, too. The CPU speed has increased, as has the overall size of the phone, although only slightly. You also get Wi-Fi, and annoyingly we believe there's also a GPS receiver inside the device, although HTC hasn't enabled it. But even without GPS, it's still a fantastic phone.
Author: Paul Ockenden
- How Three got a cheap deal in the 4G auction
- UK has "best broadband in Europe" - if Europe was only five countries
- Tim Berners-Lee warns not to take the web for granted
- Amazon will "limit music streams to encourage downloads"
- New version of Office for Mac coming this year
- Twitter goes down for second time in nine days
- Google sued over $66 in-app purchase
- Snowden: I was right to leak NSA data
- BBC revamps iPlayer for the "multiscreen world"
- Sony revives optical discs with 1TB Archival Disc
- CeBit 2014 diary: Cameron comes to town
- The 5 most interesting UK businesses at SXSW
- Quickest way to upload 1GB? Hop on a train
- Move over Delia: IBM Watson is cooking tonight
- Eric Schmidt on the double-edged smartphone: friend and foe
- Getty joins the race to the bottom
- Hour of Code: five steps to learn how to code
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet review: first look
- Sony Xperia Z2 review: first look
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 review: first look
- Make the most of your mobile data
- Old-school internet scams: five that just won't die
- Bitcoin believers not worried by Mt. Gox disarray
- How to hack your car
- Small server vs cloud: which is best for SMBs?
- Block party: why do millions play Minecraft?
- What to do if you’re still on Windows XP
- Microsoft Word: top 20 secret features
- Measuring me: is your body the future of security?
- The best mobile apps for business
- Headings vs headers: how to use both in Word
- Windows Server 2012 R2: how the Datacenter edition could change SMBs
- Invoices and VAT: how to set up your documents correctly
- Nexus 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S4 Active: the best phone for avoiding screen burn
- How much is a social user worth?
- The key to choosing a secure password
- Thunderbolt Bridge: a fast Mac migration tool
- Should you advertise on Twitter?
- How to track a lost smartphone
- Self-publishing success: the best way to sell your book