Gyration GO 2.4 Optical Air Mouse and Compact Keyboard review
Review Date: 18 May 2006
Reviewed By: David Fearon
Price when reviewed: (£100 inc VAT)
It's a concept that's been around for a while, but the Gyration Air Mouse system has been given an overhaul. The gyroscopic mouse works much better than before, but we still found it difficult to get the mouse pointer where we wanted it and often ended up with our wrists bent into uncomfortable positions. The last thing you need in a presentation is to be battling with your controller, so unless you need to be able to position the mouse pointer - as opposed to just clicking through slides - there's little reason to buy the Gyration system.
Author: David Fearon
- Cisco: 100% of companies hosting malware
- Brits willing to pay for secure web services
- Google creates Maps time machine
- Facebook scores with mobile advertising
- Cook: Microsoft should have released Office for iPad sooner
- What's on this week's PC Pro podcast?
- Universal wireless charging gets a boost from Microsoft
- Amazon Phone: release date, features and 3D display
- Apple offers sneak peak at OS X via Beta Seed
- American grip on web loosens ahead of key net meeting
- Hello Cortana, it's nice to meet you
- Windows 8.1 Update: an abject surrender
- The insane economics of Sky Now TV
- No such thing as a free app... so pay up if you want quality
- Time to outlaw crapware-laden installers
- Windows Phone 8.1 video: hands-on
- Office for iPad: key information
- Why every PC buyer owes Richard Durkin a debt of gratitude
- HTC One M8 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: 2014's big-hitters compared
- Windows XP end of life: key information
- How to upgrade from Windows XP to Ubuntu
- The great iPhone ripoff and how it works
- Heartbleed: what you need to know and do
- Data recovery: inside the clean room
- Best tablet PCs to buy in 2014
- How much RAM do you really need?
- News of the weird: the strangest ever tech stories
- Five hyped technologies: disruptive or not?
- Piracy's dying: why we're all going straight
- Office: should you buy it, rent it - or dump it?
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office
- How to write your company's IT security policy
- Raspberry Pi and Wolfram: a must-have for every child
- Could you get by with Office Web Apps?
- The best Android antivirus apps for 2014
- Headings vs headers: how to use both in Word