Zalman FPSGUN FG1000 review
Review Date: 11 Feb 2008
Reviewed By: David Fearon
Price when reviewed: (£37 inc VAT)
Zalman's first foray into peripherals is a gaming mouse with a difference. Gripping the rear pillar like a joystick, your index finger rests on what would be the left button in a conventional mouse. Plug it in and, in achingly teenage fashion, the thumb-operated scroll wheel lights up in blue. That changes to purple or red, depending on which of three sensitivity settings you've selected, up to a maximum of 2,000 DPI. The position sensor is in the end of the body and the mouse pointer consequently moves in a slight arc, which takes some getting used to. But firing is literally a case of pulling the trigger, which is satisfying in its way. For those keen enough to spend £37 on a mouse, the FG1000 makes shooters that bit more visceral.
Author: David Fearon
- iPhone 6 release date, rumours, specs and features: when is the iPhone 6 coming out in the UK?
- HP recalls laptop power cords over burn risk
- Motorola Moto 360, Moto X+1 and Moto G2 UK release date, specs and price
- Size matters: Apple working on 12.9in iPad
- Gaming DDoS: forget cyber-jihadis, they're just trolls
- Round-faced LG G Watch teased ahead of IFA
- Reader survey: What computing devices do you plan to buy?
- BlackBerry leak reveals Passport and "Khan" smartphone to launch this autumn
- Apple admits fault in iPhone 5 battery
- Amazon snaps up Twitch for $970m
- How to turn off Google Location Tracking
- 20 years of PC Pro: our greatest review mistakes
- 20 years of PC Pro: our first A-List
- Wikipedia's "right to be forgotten" protest hits the wrong note
- 3D printing hits the high street for plastic selfies
- 20 years of PC Pro: What amazed us in our first issue
- How Google Glass ruined my lunch hour
- Smartphone battery packs: can a USB power pack beat the festival battery blues?
- Windows Easy Transfer – not so "easy" in Windows 8.1
- Formula 1: what a difference virtualisation makes
- How to format a USB drive on a Mac or Windows
- What’s the best 4G network in the UK?
- How to set up a wireless hotspot for your business: give customers free or paid for internet access
- How to download YouTube videos: save YouTube videos to your iPhone, iPad, laptop or Android device
- How to access iCloud on a PC
- Nexus 5 vs Moto G 4G (2014 model)
- Chromecast vs Roku Streaming Stick vs Apple TV: what's the best TV streaming device?
- The 8 best small tablets of 2014: what's the best compact tablet?
- How to edit PDFs: make change to a PDF
- Building a patently better future
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office
- How to write your company's IT security policy