Zalman FPSGUN FG1000 review
Review Date: 11 Feb 2008
Reviewed By: David Fearon
Price when reviewed: (£37 inc VAT)
Zalman's first foray into peripherals is a gaming mouse with a difference. Gripping the rear pillar like a joystick, your index finger rests on what would be the left button in a conventional mouse. Plug it in and, in achingly teenage fashion, the thumb-operated scroll wheel lights up in blue. That changes to purple or red, depending on which of three sensitivity settings you've selected, up to a maximum of 2,000 DPI. The position sensor is in the end of the body and the mouse pointer consequently moves in a slight arc, which takes some getting used to. But firing is literally a case of pulling the trigger, which is satisfying in its way. For those keen enough to spend £37 on a mouse, the FG1000 makes shooters that bit more visceral.
Author: David Fearon
- LG making a webOS smartwatch
- Google Nexus 6 pictures leak online
- Facebook to drag queens: use any name you want
- What's on this week's PC Pro podcast?
- Met Police unveils FALCON to fight cybercrime
- Free Windows attracts 50 new tablet and phone makers
- Send a text and these SSDs will self-destruct
- How to download Windows 10 Technical Preview
- Mozilla takes aim at Chromecast with $25 dongle
- Microsoft reveals Windows 10... no, really
- Windows 10: a step back to go forward
- Michael Dell: Cloud infrastructure is the roads, bridges and highways of the 21st century
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- Apple Watch, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Tim Cook's Apple back with a bang?
- BT Home Hub 5: how to get maximum speed
- 20 years of PC Pro: one-star reviews (including "the worst tablet we've ever seen")
- Google Nexus 6/X/"Shamu" release date, specs and rumoured UK price
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus screen comparison
- Mac OS X Yosemite release date, price and new features
- Smartphone benchmarks 2014: what's the fastest smartphone?
- What is Kindle Unlimited and how does it work?
- BlackBerry Passport release date, UK price and specs
- How to change keyboard in iOS 8: customise the iPhone 6 keyboard
- The 7 best Chromebooks of 2014
- Apple iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: is the new iPhone 6 better than the Galaxy S5?
- How to install iOS 8 without deleting apps and data
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office