Dell Latitude D610 review
Review Date: 18 Apr 2005
Price when reviewed: (£1,291 inc VAT)
In our Labs review of Dell's 2GHz Latitude D610 two months ago, we couldn't publish full battery-life results as our sample was a pre-production unit and it came with the lower-capacity four-cell battery.
We've now tested the full production version, complete with a six-cell battery. The results aren't too inspiring and suggest that the latest Centrino platform (codenamed Sonoma) isn't quite as power-efficient as Intel would have us believe. Under intensive use, the D610 lasted one hour, 23 minutes - the same as the pre-production unit.
Fortunately, under light use (which is more representative of use in the real world) the notebook ran for just over four hours. It scored a hefty 2.17 in our benchmarks too.
Ultimately, the new times and performance score don't affect our view of the Labs-winning D610 - it's still impressively fast and backed up by a range of affordable services. It all adds up to a fine business machine - just remember to enter the E-Value code: MAG-D610PCP if you decide to order.
- Google buys Oxford University AI startups
- Microsoft Kinect SDK 2 brings apps to Windows Store
- Raspberry Pi unveils DIY tablet kit
- Windows 10: two-factor authentication coming to every device
- What is Google Inbox?
- What's on this week's PC Pro podcast?
- Apple patent reveals iPhone car control system
- Windows 10 release date, features and how to get the Technical Preview
- Microsoft updates Windows 10 tech preview
- End of an era: Nokia Lumia to become Microsoft Lumia
- Google Glass: mugger bait, pub problem and other lessons learned from two dangerous weeks
- Twitter, please don't fiddle with my feed
- How Satya Nadella can get some pay-raise karma
- Windows 10: a step back to go forward
- Michael Dell: Cloud infrastructure is the roads, bridges and highways of the 21st century
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- iPad Air 2 vs Nexus 9: Apple and Google's latest high-end tablets compared
- Five things that are actually new in the iPad Air 2
- Bendgate, Antennagate, and why Apple doesn’t care about bad news
- iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 release date, specs and UK price rumours
- Office Online vs Google Docs: which free online office suite is best?
- iPhone 6 Plus vs iPhone 6 design comparison
- How to speed up an Android smartphone
- Nexus 6 release date, specs, UK price and leaked images
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus screen comparison
- Mac OS X Yosemite release date, price and new features
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office