Dell Latitude D610 review
Review Date: 18 Apr 2005
Price when reviewed: (£1,291 inc VAT)
In our Labs review of Dell's 2GHz Latitude D610 two months ago, we couldn't publish full battery-life results as our sample was a pre-production unit and it came with the lower-capacity four-cell battery.
We've now tested the full production version, complete with a six-cell battery. The results aren't too inspiring and suggest that the latest Centrino platform (codenamed Sonoma) isn't quite as power-efficient as Intel would have us believe. Under intensive use, the D610 lasted one hour, 23 minutes - the same as the pre-production unit.
Fortunately, under light use (which is more representative of use in the real world) the notebook ran for just over four hours. It scored a hefty 2.17 in our benchmarks too.
Ultimately, the new times and performance score don't affect our view of the Labs-winning D610 - it's still impressively fast and backed up by a range of affordable services. It all adds up to a fine business machine - just remember to enter the E-Value code: MAG-D610PCP if you decide to order.
- Apple and FBI "actively investigating" celeb photo hack
- Swatch Touch smartwatch in development
- Did iCloud flaw lead to celeb photo hack?
- Microsoft refuses to hand over customer emails
- Apple signs up credit-card companies for NFC payments
- Apple bans developers from selling your health data
- Intel unveils eight-core Haswell-E CPU
- Forget robot butlers: meet Fuji Xerox's robot printer
- Wing it: Google's drone delivery revealed
- Facebook testing keyword searching in old posts
- 20 years of PC Pro: our best covers
- Why we've closed the PC Pro forums
- How to turn off Google Location Tracking
- 20 years of PC Pro: our greatest review mistakes
- 20 years of PC Pro: our first A-List
- Wikipedia's "right to be forgotten" protest hits the wrong note
- 3D printing hits the high street for plastic selfies
- 20 years of PC Pro: What amazed us in our first issue
- How Google Glass ruined my lunch hour
- Smartphone battery packs: can a USB power pack beat the festival battery blues?
- Best of IFA 2014: what smartphones, tablets, smartwatches are expected to launch at IFA this year?
- How to uninstall a program on Windows: remove unwanted apps from your PC
- How to format a USB drive on a Mac or Windows
- What’s the best 4G network in the UK?
- How to set up a wireless hotspot for your business: give customers free or paid for internet access
- How to download YouTube videos: save YouTube videos to your iPhone, iPad, laptop or Android device
- How to access iCloud on a PC
- Nexus 5 vs Moto G 4G (2014 model)
- Chromecast vs Roku Streaming Stick vs Apple TV: what's the best TV streaming device?
- The 8 best small tablets of 2014: what's the best compact tablet?
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office