Logitech MX 5500 Revolution review
Review Date: 17 Jun 2008
Reviewed By: Matthew Sparkes
Price when reviewed: £79 (£91 inc VAT)
Features & Design
Value for Money
The keyboard in this set isn't what you would call compact or subtle.
With a built-in wristrest and a glossy bump above the keys housing an LCD screen, it takes up far more room than a traditional 105-key model.
The screen is the interesting part: it displays temperature, the number of accumulated key presses, the arrival of new emails, the time and date and more besides.
The only problem is it relies on proprietary Logitech software on the PC, which won't be to everyone's taste.
Even if you don't want these esoteric extras, though, it still makes a great wireless keyboard with good ergonomics and a feel of real quality.
The mouse, too, is well built and very accurate, and the included dock avoids battery problems even if the keyboard still greedily requires four AA cells.
Author: Matthew Sparkes
- Chromebook owners get access to Android apps
- SanDisk lets you pop half-terabyte card in your camera
- Windows 9 video shows new Start menu
- iPhone 6 goes on sale... and retailer sites go down
- Intel's RealSense camera: seeing the world like a human
- Apple Watch release date, UK price and features
- How to try paid Android apps for free
- Microsoft killing Nokia and Windows Phone brands
- OneDrive promises faster sync and 10GB file uploads
- Google plays down leak of five million Gmail passwords
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- Apple Watch, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Tim Cook's Apple back with a bang?
- BT Home Hub 5: how to get maximum speed
- 20 years of PC Pro: one-star reviews (including "the worst tablet we've ever seen")
- 20 years of PC Pro: our best covers
- Why we've closed the PC Pro forums
- How to turn off Google Location Tracking
- 20 years of PC Pro: our greatest review mistakes
- How Apple Pay works and how to use it on your iPhone 6 or Apple Watch
- Tech support horror stories
- Become a tech support superhero
- Best of IFA 2014: what smartphones, tablets, smartwatches are expected to launch at IFA this year?
- How to uninstall a program on Windows: remove unwanted apps from your PC
- How to format a USB drive on a Mac or Windows
- What’s the best 4G network in the UK?
- How to set up a wireless hotspot for your business: give customers free or paid for internet access
- How to download YouTube videos: save YouTube videos to your iPhone, iPad, laptop or Android device
- How to access iCloud on a PC
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office