Asus ET2701 review
The separate subwoofer adds nothing to a run-of-the-mill all-in-one that is bettered by cheaper rivals
Review Date: 29 Mar 2013
Reviewed By: Mike Jennings
Price when reviewed: £1,376 (£1,651 inc VAT)
Features & Design
Value for Money
|Review Date||29 Mar 2013|
|Price ex VAT||£1,376|
|Price inc VAT||£1,651|
|Features & Design|
|Value for Money|
|Warranty||1 yr return to base|
|Total hard disk capacity||2,000GB|
|CPU family||Intel Core i7|
|CPU nominal frequency||3.10GHz|
|Processor socket||LGA 1155|
|Wired adapter speed||1,000Mbits/sec|
|Hard disk||Seagate Barracuda 7200.14|
|Hard disk usable capacity||1.80TB|
|Internal disk interface||SATA/600|
|Optical disc technology||Blu-ray writer|
|USB ports (downstream)||2|
|PS/2 mouse port|
|3.5mm audio jacks||4|
|Graphics card||Nvidia GeForce GT 640M|
|Multiple SLI/CrossFire cards?|
|3D performance setting||Medium|
|Graphics chipset||Nvidia GeForce GT 640M|
|VGA (D-SUB) outputs||1|
|Number of graphics cards||1|
|Resolution screen horizontal||1,920|
|Resolution screen vertical||1,080|
|Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Dimensions||660 x 233 x 508mm (WDH)|
|Mouse & Keyboard|
|Mouse and keyboard||Asus wireless keyboard and mouse|
|Operating system and software|
|OS family||Windows 8|
|Noise and power|
|Idle power consumption||80W|
|Peak power consumption||156W|
|3D performance (crysis) low settings||56fps|
|3D performance setting||Medium|
|Overall Real World Benchmark score||0.99|
Why are all of these 27" all in ones only coming with Full HD displays?
By big_D on 1 Apr 2013
ASUS all in one pc desktop poor quality and tech support
This is about the 27 inch all in one computer with model number ET2701INTI. The ASUS pc and support sucks.
First about an ASUS software pre installed that is not working and when I contacted ASUS support they have no idea about the software. I went back to the store where I purchased the unit and they have confirmed that it is an ASUS pre installed software. I don't need that video software so I just ignore this.
Next, the subwoofer which is defective. After 3 months of purchase I returned it to the store where I purchased it and after a month they told me it has to be returned to ASUS according to advice by ASUS. I phoned ASUS then and ASUS replied to me it is not covered by warranty so they can't replace or fix it.
Now the wireless keyboard after just 4 months that comes up with is not working anymore. I was told by ASUS support, I have to return the whole unit, the 27 inch all in one pc, shipped to them, even though only the keyboard is defective. The shipping and handling cost back and forth, I will be the one to pay. Come to think of it, the unit is heavy and I will shoulder the cost. And it does not make sense shipping the whole unit when the only defective part is keyboard. With HP, Dell, they would replace the defective part and not the whole unit.
CONSUMERS BEWARE: DO NOT BUY FROM ASUS.
By Casandra on 5 Aug 2013
- Bloom.fm: 20 buyers show interest in London music startup
- Forget monitors: your next display may be mist or bubbles
- Heartbleed: the race to reissue security certificates
- Computing in schools "not only about code"
- School coding: why one teacher training programme failed
- Q&A: the importance of coding, from a non-coder
- Mark Shuttleworth interview: Taking Ubuntu beyond desktops
- Surveillance panic could lead to restrictive data laws
- Multipath routers: the easy way to faster broadband?
- DIY broadband: how one remote not-spot went wireless
- Windows 10: a step back to go forward
- Michael Dell: Cloud infrastructure is the roads, bridges and highways of the 21st century
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- Apple Watch, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Tim Cook's Apple back with a bang?
- BT Home Hub 5: how to get maximum speed
- 20 years of PC Pro: one-star reviews (including "the worst tablet we've ever seen")