Palicomp CORE6 1055OC35 review
A loud, dual-fan graphics card is the only minor flaw in this impressive six-core base unit
Review Date: 15 Jun 2010
Reviewed By: Mike Jennings
Price when reviewed: £666 (£783 inc VAT)
Features & Design
Value for Money
- CORE6 1055OC35
PC Pro's application benchmarks test real-world performance in a range of applications.
- CORE6 1055OC35
Our 3D gaming benchmarks test gaming performance in Crysis, which remains one of the most challenging games available. Setting is 1,024 x 768 at low detail.
Is this is same Palicomp who advertise 11.6GHz PCs on eBay?
By pveater on 8 Jul 2010
Yes, certainly looks like it. Their marketing practices are highly misleading to say the very least. From what I've seen on forums, their support isn't exactly up to scratch either. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
By Nutter44 on 29 Jul 2010
I purchased from this company. I suggest you research them before you buy. I wish I did!! The computer works but not the spec i ordered very misleading. And customer care? What customer care!!!
By Duke08 on 8 Sep 2010
- What's on this week's PC Pro podcast?
- Schools warm up to BYOD for tablets
- HTC staff should "just quit"
- Xbox One: what it means for Windows PCs
- IBM's Watson answers customers' questions
- Vodafone waiting for new iPhone to launch 4G
- Tim Cook unapologetic over Apple's taxes
- New CEO reorganises Intel to target "new devices"
- Flexible tablets closer to reality with graphene ink
- Now Apple is targeted over tax avoidance
- Flickr redesign: is it enough to tempt photographers back?
- Hands on with the new Google Maps
- Nokia Lumia 925 review: first look
- Why I won't subscribe to Creative Cloud
- GoPro camera strapped to a remote-control helicopter: the ultimate boy's toy
- Acer Iconia A1 review: first look
- Acer Aspire P3 review: first look
- Acer Aspire R7 review: first look
- How we produce the PC Pro podcast
- Google Now draining iPhone battery
- Dropbox: everything you need to know
- Best smartphones for 2013
- The best broadband speed tests
- iPhone apps for business travel
- How to get a job as a mobile games developer
- 25 best Windows 8 apps
- Introducing Arduino - a simple Raspberry Pi alternative
- The tweeting spaceman
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs HTC One
- 30 best web apps
- The ICO's shame-faced u-turn on cookies
- Start8 and ModernMix: making Windows 8 work on a desktop
- How to boost your mobile reception
- How to fix Facebook: Social Fixer
- Taking the stress out of WordPress updates
- Where to download free web fonts
- Turn your tablet into a Sky+ remote control
- How to measure the success of a new IT system
- Three years on: the state of the tablet market
- Windows 8: what works and what doesn't
There are dozens of exciting prizes up for grabs on PC Pro Competitions. All our competitions are free to enter. Try your luck.ENTER NOW