Broadband complaints fall, but Orange customers still bitter
By Michael Passingham
Posted on 2 Apr 2013 at 17:57
The number of complaints about broadband providers fell in the last quarter of 2012, according to Ofcom - but Orange is still paying the price for changing its free broadband offer last year.
Orange leads the broadband - and also mobile - complaints charts, with 0.68 of every 1,000 customers choosing to escalate their complaint to Ofcom.
This figure is well above the number of complaints received by TalkTalk, which until last year was normally the most-complained about ISP, according to data published by the regulator.
Like last quarter, Ofcom placed Orange’s woes firmly at the door of last summer's contractual changes, when the firm changed its free broadband offer.
While customers are still offered free broadband, they need to take out line rental with Orange to get it. Orange has offered to cover the cost of switching to make it up to customers.
BT’s complaints numbers stayed above the industry average, alongside Orange and TalkTalk. Sky and Virgin Media received the least complaints, and also managed to stay below the industry average.
Is your business a social business? For helpful info and tips visit our hub.
- How to turn off Google Location Tracking
- 20 years of PC Pro: our greatest review mistakes
- 20 years of PC Pro: our first A-List
- Wikipedia's "right to be forgotten" protest hits the wrong note
- 3D printing hits the high street for plastic selfies
- 20 years of PC Pro: What amazed us in our first issue
- How Google Glass ruined my lunch hour
- Smartphone battery packs: can a USB power pack beat the festival battery blues?
- Windows Easy Transfer – not so "easy" in Windows 8.1
- Formula 1: what a difference virtualisation makes
- ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
- Webroot Internet Security Essentials
- Trend Micro Internet Security
- PC Tools Internet Security 2009
- Panda Internet Security 2009
- Norton Internet Security 2009
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2009
- F-Secure Internet Security 2009
- AVG Internet Security 8
- BullGuard Internet Security 8.5