Broadband complaints fall, but Orange customers still bitter
By Michael Passingham
Posted on 2 Apr 2013 at 17:57
The number of complaints about broadband providers fell in the last quarter of 2012, according to Ofcom - but Orange is still paying the price for changing its free broadband offer last year.
Orange leads the broadband - and also mobile - complaints charts, with 0.68 of every 1,000 customers choosing to escalate their complaint to Ofcom.
This figure is well above the number of complaints received by TalkTalk, which until last year was normally the most-complained about ISP, according to data published by the regulator.
Like last quarter, Ofcom placed Orange’s woes firmly at the door of last summer's contractual changes, when the firm changed its free broadband offer.
While customers are still offered free broadband, they need to take out line rental with Orange to get it. Orange has offered to cover the cost of switching to make it up to customers.
BT’s complaints numbers stayed above the industry average, alongside Orange and TalkTalk. Sky and Virgin Media received the least complaints, and also managed to stay below the industry average.
- Google Glass: mugger bait, pub problem and other lessons learned from two dangerous weeks
- Twitter, please don't fiddle with my feed
- How Satya Nadella can get some pay-raise karma
- Windows 10: a step back to go forward
- Michael Dell: Cloud infrastructure is the roads, bridges and highways of the 21st century
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
- Webroot Internet Security Essentials
- Trend Micro Internet Security
- PC Tools Internet Security 2009
- Panda Internet Security 2009
- Norton Internet Security 2009
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2009
- F-Secure Internet Security 2009
- AVG Internet Security 8
- BullGuard Internet Security 8.5