Lik-Sang.com website shuts down
By Steve Malone
Posted on 25 Oct 2006 at 10:12
The Lik-Sang.com web site has closed its doors. The owners of the site which specialised in selling grey imports of Sony Playstation gear claim they have been forced out of business due to multiple Sony lawsuits.
Yesterday Sony won a High Court case claiming 'copyright infringement' against the Lik-Sang.com owner Pacific Technologies. The company had claimed that because it had no sales presence in the UK and Europe and that the servers were located outside the European Economic Area, it was not making a business out of selling PSP consoles into Europe that were destined for the Japanese market.
In a statement, Lik-Sang.com says it will no longer accept any new orders and will cancel and refund all existing orders that have already been placed. Furthermore, Lik-Sang says it is working closely with banks and PayPal to refund payments made to the company, while customer support is handling any outstanding issues with repairs and shipping.
Pascal Clarysse, the Marketing Manager of Lik-Sang.com said, 'Today is Sony Europe victory about PSP, tomorrow is Sony Europe's ongoing pressure about PlayStation 3. With this precedent set, next week could already be the stage for complaints from Sony America about the same thing, or from other console manufacturers about other consoles to other regions, or even from any publisher about any specific software title to any country they don't see fit.'
- WWDC 2013 and iOS 7 launch: live blog
- Sony VAIO Pro review: first look
- Want child porn blocked? Meet the IWF
- Is it worth upgrading a media centre to Windows 8?
- Flickr redesign: is it enough to tempt photographers back?
- Hands on with the new Google Maps
- Nokia Lumia 925 review: first look
- Why I won't subscribe to Creative Cloud
- GoPro camera strapped to a remote-control helicopter: the ultimate boy's toy
- Acer Iconia A1 review: first look
- Facebook "click on the photo" scams: how they work
- Three alternatives to Word's spelling and grammar checker
- Google two-step verification: a must for business email
- Microsoft Office and the death of upgrades
- The ICO's shame-faced u-turn on cookies
- Start8 and ModernMix: making Windows 8 work on a desktop
- How to boost your mobile reception
- How to fix Facebook: Social Fixer
- Taking the stress out of WordPress updates
- Where to download free web fonts