iPhone 5s hit by battery problems
By Nicole Kobie
Posted on 30 Oct 2013 at 09:51
Apple has admitted there's a battery fault in a "very limited" number of iPhone 5s handsets.
The company said it will replace the affected phones.
"We recently discovered a manufacturing issue affecting a very limited number of iPhone 5s devices that could cause the battery to take longer to charge or result in reduced battery life," Teresa Brewer, an Apple spokeswoman, told The New York Times.
"We are reaching out to customers with affected phones and will provide them with a replacement phone," she added.
The problem is thought to be limited to no more than a few thousand phones; Apple sold nine million iPhones in the first weekend of availability after the launch of the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c.
A search on Apple's forums reveals a host of users complaining about short battery life, with some saying the new handset lasts between three and five hours between charges - well below the promised ten hours of talk time.
One user said: "The iPhone 5s battery is awful! I went from 100% to 0% twice yesterday and I didn't even use it much. It drains just sitting idle."
Is your business a social business? For helpful info and tips visit our hub.
Is this a first?
Apple actually admitting the product if faulty strait away, instead of blaming it on the customer for 'holding it wrong' or 'looking at it funny', before caving in and replacing.
By qpw3141 on 30 Oct 2013
Surely Apple stuff just works doesn't it?
By curiousclive on 30 Oct 2013
it is ios7 fault
I had same problem with my iPhone 4s look at the usage timer , some times is equal to standby timer.which refer to the phone always working and never goes to standby mode.
By nabulaer on 31 Oct 2013
batteryscore iPhone battery test app
Found this iPhone battery test app while I was doing some research on my iPhone battery problem.
It's not yet available... but I'm kinda curious how this will work.
By BeneLicht on 4 Dec 2013
- Windows 8.1 Update: an abject surrender
- The insane economics of Sky Now TV
- No such thing as a free app... so pay up if you want quality
- Time to outlaw crapware-laden installers
- Windows Phone 8.1 video: hands-on
- Office for iPad: key information
- Why every PC buyer owes Richard Durkin a debt of gratitude
- HTC One M8 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: 2014's big-hitters compared
- Windows XP end of life: key information
- Cut out the broadband jargon? What jargon?
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office
- How to write your company's IT security policy
- Raspberry Pi and Wolfram: a must-have for every child
- Could you get by with Office Web Apps?
- The best Android antivirus apps for 2014
- Headings vs headers: how to use both in Word
- Windows Server 2012 R2: how the Datacenter edition could change SMBs