Lenovo Miix 8 joins growing roster of compact Windows 8 tablets
By Shona Ghosh
Posted on 7 Jun 2013 at 08:25
Microsoft briefly showed off the Lenovo Miix 8 at Computex this week, a new 8in tablet that could run on Windows 8.1.
It's the second compact Windows tablet to emerge after Acer unveiled the 8in Iconia W3 on Tuesday.
Microsoft didn't give any detail on price, availability, specs or which version of Windows the tablet would run on, but it's likely Lenovo is waiting for the arrival of Windows 8.1 later this summer before formally launching the device.
Microsoft did reveal it would have 3G connectivity and additional accessories, such as a stylus and a folio cover. Photos snapped by Win8China show the slim device has an aluminium back with a black plastic section.
Microsoft earlier this week said it would supply a free copy of Office 2013 Home and Student on compact Windows 8 tablets, in a bid to help drive Windows into the burgeoning market for smaller devices.
Is your business a social business? For helpful info and tips visit our hub.
- Hour of Code: five steps to learn how to code
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet review: first look
- Sony Xperia Z2 review: first look
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 review: first look
- Nokia XL review: first look
- Samsung Galaxy S5 review: first look
- Nokia X review: first look
- Censorship by copyright: Myles Powers and abuse of DMCA takedowns
- Turn an old smartphone into an in-car entertainment system
- Apple's OSes set to surpass Windows
- Invoices and VAT: how to set up your documents correctly
- Nexus 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S4 Active: the best phone for avoiding screen burn
- How much is a social user worth?
- The key to choosing a secure password
- Thunderbolt Bridge: a fast Mac migration tool
- Should you advertise on Twitter?
- How to track a lost smartphone
- Self-publishing success: the best way to sell your book
- 1.6TB SSD: why would you need one?
- Tips for the best PowerPoint presentations