iOS 6.1 update arrives, Apple claims 300m users
Posted on 29 Jan 2013 at 10:07
Author: Nicole Kobie
Apple updates iOS 6, says it's most popular new OS version in history
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
Is it my imagination, or are Apple using their own maps to view the world?
Apparently the UK is missing from the map.
I looked at my wife's iPod touch, running iOS 4.3 and there's very little different from my iOS6 iPhone - apart from bloat.
By cheysuli on 29 Jan 2013
iOS 6 is popular???
All iOS 6 did for me on my iPad was to knacker maps. "Popular" is not the word that springs to mind.
By revsorg on 29 Jan 2013
It would be nice to think that iOS 6.1 would restore some of the performance of previous versions.
By halsteadk on 29 Jan 2013
Agreed that the update is very minor, but have to diagree with cheysuli - the differences are massive - it's just that Apple introduces changes which are so easily adoptable, that you forget you didn't use to have them. Taking shots with the volume button, iMessage, iCloud, facebook integration to sync with calendars, offline viewing in Safaari, reader mode for full screen reading, changes to Game Center are just a few of the changes!
By Jonny_Bingham on 29 Jan 2013
And of course as an owner of original iPad, I can't have iOS6 - how does that affect fragmentation figures?
By KevPartner on 29 Jan 2013
- iOS 7: release date, features and more
- Yahoo promises not to "screw up" Tumblr
- Dell profits slide 79% amid buyout talks
- Forget cloud subscriptions: users prefer standard licences
- McAfee: cloud storage could help spread viruses
- Analysts question Windows 8 as UK PC shipments slump
- McAfee: smart homes need security
- Firefox 21 lands with "health report" and Android update
- Windows Blue (8.1): release date, screenshots, features
- McAfee LiveSafe protects PCs, mobiles and the cloud
- Hands on with the new Google Maps
- Nokia Lumia 925 review: first look
- Why I won't subscribe to Creative Cloud
- GoPro camera strapped to a remote-control helicopter: the ultimate boy's toy
- Acer Iconia A1 review: first look
- Acer Aspire P3 review: first look
- Acer Aspire R7 review: first look
- How we produce the PC Pro podcast
- Google Now draining iPhone battery
- The government website that doesn't work with IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Macs or smartphones
- How to boost your mobile reception
- How to fix Facebook: Social Fixer
- Taking the stress out of WordPress updates
- Where to download free web fonts
- Turn your tablet into a Sky+ remote control
- How to measure the success of a new IT system
- Three years on: the state of the tablet market
- Windows 8: what works and what doesn't
- Yes, I write down my passwords
- How to make money from apps