Vodafone BlackBerry users lose data services
By Barry Collins
Posted on 11 Jan 2013 at 14:24
BlackBerry users on the Vodafone network may be unable to access their data services.
The problem, which seems confined to the Vodafone network, but is reportedly affecting users across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, has left customers without email and instant messaging services. The outage is affecting customers who run their own BlackBerry Enterprise Server as well as those who rely on RIM's infrastructure.
"We are aware that some BlackBerry customers are experiencing issues," a message on Vodafone's support forums reads.
"Vodafone is working closely with Research in Motion (RIM) to restore full service as soon as possible. As soon as we have further information we will provide further updates."
RIM, meanwhile, appears to be lobbing the ball into Vodafone's court. "All BlackBerry services are operating normally but we are aware that a wider Vodafone service issue is impacting some of our BlackBerry customers in Europe, Middle East and Africa," reads a company statement.
"We are supporting Vodafone’s efforts to resolve the issue as soon as possible."
Technical problems, albeit confined to one network, are the last thing beleaguered RIM needs ahead of the crucial launch of its BlackBerry 10 devices at the end of this month.
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- Apple Watch, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Tim Cook's Apple back with a bang?
- BT Home Hub 5: how to get maximum speed
- 20 years of PC Pro: one-star reviews (including "the worst tablet we've ever seen")
- 20 years of PC Pro: our best covers
- Why we've closed the PC Pro forums
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office