HP Envy 27in is world's first Beats Audio monitor
By David Bayon
Posted on 9 Jan 2013 at 11:50
HP unveiled a host of new products at CES 2013, but two products stood out: the world's first monitor to come with Beats Audio built-in, and a low-cost touchscreen Ultrabook equivalent.
The HP Envy 27in IPS Monitor was developed in collaboration with Beats by Dre, and HP claims its angled-upward speakers can produce "studio quality sound". It has a 27in IPS edge-to-edge panel in a frame less than 14mm thick, and the aluminium base is designed to take up minimal desk space.
The HP Envy 27in IPS Monitor will arrive on 4 February for £350.
Touchscreen Ultrabooks have largely been premium devices (with the exception of the Asus VivoBook S200), so the HP Pavilion TouchSmart Sleekbook stands out from the crowd: it will start at £429 when it arrives later this month.
It can't technically be called an Ultrabook, as it's powered by an AMD A-Series APU. It's a 15.6in touchscreen device with up to 1TB of storage, USB 3 and USB 2 ports, and a removable battery. A non-touch version, the HP Pavilion SleekBook, will also be available.
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC review: first look
- Huawei Ascend P6 review: first look
- Adobe Illustrator CC review: first look
- Let MPs tell us what they really want ISPs to block
- Adobe Photoshop CC review: first look
- WWDC 2013 and iOS 7 launch: live blog
- Sony VAIO Pro review: first look
- Want child porn blocked? Meet the IWF
- Is it worth upgrading a media centre to Windows 8?
- Flickr redesign: is it enough to tempt photographers back?
- Facebook "click on the photo" scams: how they work
- Three alternatives to Word's spelling and grammar checker
- Google two-step verification: a must for business email
- Microsoft Office and the death of upgrades
- The ICO's shame-faced u-turn on cookies
- Start8 and ModernMix: making Windows 8 work on a desktop
- How to boost your mobile reception
- How to fix Facebook: Social Fixer
- Taking the stress out of WordPress updates
- Where to download free web fonts