CES 2013: Toshiba Qosmio X875 laptop updated with hybrid storage
By Dave Stevenson
Posted on 7 Jan 2013 at 13:04
Toshiba has revealed an update to its Qosmio X875 laptop at CES 2013 in Las Vegas.
The 17.3in mobile giant will be available from February with a hybrid storage option comprising a standard 1TB mechanical hard disk, complemented by 8GB of on-board NAND flash memory designed to act as a cache and, claims Toshiba, reduce application load times.
The rest of the machine remains unchanged, with a powerful Core i7 processor, up to 32GB of RAM and a vast 17.3in display running at 1,920 x 1,080.
Graphical performance is courtesy of Nvidia’s GeForce GTC 630M, and stereoscopic 3D is available as an option. The out-there styling, complete with red accents around the trackpad, is also untouched.
The hybrid storage X875 will be available in the United States from February, priced at around £1,000. UK availability is yet to be announced.
Is your business a social business? For helpful info and tips visit our hub.
- How Google Glass ruined my lunch hour
- Smartphone battery packs: can a USB power pack beat the festival battery blues?
- Windows Easy Transfer – not so "easy" in Windows 8.1
- Formula 1: what a difference virtualisation makes
- Office of the future: comfy chairs and tablets everywhere
- I went to Glastonbury and the only thing that got high was my smartphone
- Meet the robots helping teach children
- PaperLater: would you pay to print the internet?
- Amazon vs Kobo: how much to make the ebook switch?
- Phishing emails: how I nearly got caught out
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office
- How to write your company's IT security policy
- Raspberry Pi and Wolfram: a must-have for every child