CES 2013: Toshiba Qosmio X875 laptop updated with hybrid storage
By Dave Stevenson
Posted on 7 Jan 2013 at 13:04
Toshiba has revealed an update to its Qosmio X875 laptop at CES 2013 in Las Vegas.
The 17.3in mobile giant will be available from February with a hybrid storage option comprising a standard 1TB mechanical hard disk, complemented by 8GB of on-board NAND flash memory designed to act as a cache and, claims Toshiba, reduce application load times.
The rest of the machine remains unchanged, with a powerful Core i7 processor, up to 32GB of RAM and a vast 17.3in display running at 1,920 x 1,080.
Graphical performance is courtesy of Nvidia’s GeForce GTC 630M, and stereoscopic 3D is available as an option. The out-there styling, complete with red accents around the trackpad, is also untouched.
The hybrid storage X875 will be available in the United States from February, priced at around £1,000. UK availability is yet to be announced.
Is your business a social business? For helpful info and tips visit our hub.
- Move over Delia: IBM Watson is cooking tonight
- Eric Schmidt on the double-edged smartphone: friend and foe
- Getty joins the race to the bottom
- Hour of Code: five steps to learn how to code
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet review: first look
- Sony Xperia Z2 review: first look
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 review: first look
- Nokia XL review: first look
- Samsung Galaxy S5 review: first look
- Nokia X review: first look
- Windows Server 2012 R2: how the Datacenter edition could change SMBs
- Invoices and VAT: how to set up your documents correctly
- Nexus 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S4 Active: the best phone for avoiding screen burn
- How much is a social user worth?
- The key to choosing a secure password
- Thunderbolt Bridge: a fast Mac migration tool
- Should you advertise on Twitter?
- How to track a lost smartphone
- Self-publishing success: the best way to sell your book
- 1.6TB SSD: why would you need one?