Instagram turned down Twitter before selling to Facebook
Posted on 17 Dec 2012 at 09:06
Author: Barry Collins
Facebook wasn't the only social networking firm interested in Instagram, sources reveal
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
"We never received any formal offers or term sheets"
Which makes it clear he did receive informal offers, not a surprise to anyone. Surprised he didn't go back to Twitter to try and get more out of them; suspect Facebook got in there with a too good to refuse take it or leave it offer. Instagram may not have been worth a billion but depriving Twitter of their userbase was worth it to Facebook.
By Mark_Thompson on 17 Dec 2012
- Google I/O live stream and blog: how to watch 2014 Google I/O keynote speech live
- Google testing its own domain registration service
- Adobe announces first hardware: Adobe Ink and Slide
- Vote now in the PC Pro Excellence Awards 2014!
- What’s new in OS X 10.10? Apple Yosemite’s new features
- Samsung Z Tizen phone helps loosen ties with Android
- Microsoft rumoured to launch smartwatch this summer
- LG G3 launched: LG takes the wraps off smartphone that offers “more with less effort”
- LG G3 launch live video stream and blog: as it happened
- Apple fixes iMessage lock-in for Android switchers
- How Google Glass ruined my lunch hour
- Smartphone battery packs: can a USB power pack beat the festival battery blues?
- Windows Easy Transfer – not so "easy" in Windows 8.1
- Formula 1: what a difference virtualisation makes
- Office of the future: comfy chairs and tablets everywhere
- I went to Glastonbury and the only thing that got high was my smartphone
- Meet the robots helping teach children
- PaperLater: would you pay to print the internet?
- Amazon vs Kobo: how much to make the ebook switch?
- Phishing emails: how I nearly got caught out
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office
- How to write your company's IT security policy
- Raspberry Pi and Wolfram: a must-have for every child
- Could you get by with Office Web Apps?