UK and US refuse to sign as UN web treaty is passed
Posted on 14 Dec 2012 at 09:28
Author: Stewart Mitchell
Telecoms officials sign controversial web governance treaty as UK and US officials walk out
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
Democracy Our Way
US, Uk and Canada walk out.... when Democracy does not favour them. Fake Democracies which still insist on dictating to others.
By Manuel on 14 Dec 2012
The ITU voting is on a one country one vote basis regardess of population. Furthermore many of the countries voting in favour of this treaty are not themselves democratic so their votes are not representative of the populations of those countries. So this is be a very strange definition of democracy!
By JohnAHind on 14 Dec 2012
- Europol warns: public Wi-Fi isn't safe
- IDC: iPad intertia opens door for Windows tablets
- Rivals put on notice as Spotify snaps up The Echo Nest
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 leaks via Microsoft's website
- Mozilla questions why Dell charges £16 to install Firefox
- Hundreds of NHS sites vulnerable to hackers
- Samsung Chromebook 2 gets faux-leather look - and bloatware
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 hits RTM
- Hackers take Meetup.com offline over $300 ransom
- Office 365 goes social with "Oslo" news feed
- Move over Delia: IBM Watson is cooking tonight
- Eric Schmidt on the double-edged smartphone: friend and foe
- Getty joins the race to the bottom
- Hour of Code: five steps to learn how to code
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet review: first look
- Sony Xperia Z2 review: first look
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 review: first look
- Nokia XL review: first look
- Samsung Galaxy S5 review: first look
- Nokia X review: first look
- Windows Server 2012 R2: how the Datacenter edition could change SMBs
- Invoices and VAT: how to set up your documents correctly
- Nexus 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S4 Active: the best phone for avoiding screen burn
- How much is a social user worth?
- The key to choosing a secure password
- Thunderbolt Bridge: a fast Mac migration tool
- Should you advertise on Twitter?
- How to track a lost smartphone
- Self-publishing success: the best way to sell your book
- 1.6TB SSD: why would you need one?