TVShack owner O'Dwyer cuts deal to avoid US extradition
Posted on 28 Nov 2012 at 11:13
Author: Nicole Kobie
Richard O'Dwyer will have to pay compensation, but won't face jail
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
Why travel to US?
The article states, 'and travel to the US to sign an undertaking not to infringe copyright laws again'.
So why can't the US Embassy 'pop round' to his UK address with the papers to sign?
This could be dangerous in that once in the USA, they can do what they want negating any agreement made.
There is also the cost of the travel when patently unnecessary.
I'd be wary personally.....
By tonybro on 28 Nov 2012
"I'd be wary personally....."
You and me both!!
By jontym123 on 28 Nov 2012
'and travel to the US to sign an undertaking not to infringe copyright laws again'
Said the Spider to the fly!
By Jaberwocky on 29 Nov 2012
The US, as usual, says jump and the UK government asks how high? Just who does the UK government represent? It seems the interests of the US are taken ahead of UK citizens! If I was this kid, I'd be very wary of a ruse of somekind by the US authorities who break treaties, laws and agreements wholesale!
By lablarry on 2 Dec 2012
- More than 100 Britons hit by CryptoLocker
- BlackBerry says "we're still alive" as sales hit new low
- Apple buys Twitter search startup Topsy
- Next wave of Windows updates codenamed "Threshold"
- Surface 2 owners locked out due to BitLocker bug
- Bitcoin-mining software hidden in "sneaky" programs
- Surface 2 bug makes screen go dark during games
- Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet goes on sale Wednesday
- HTC One dual SIM coming to the UK
- Microsoft investigates zero-day attacks on Windows XP
- Tech City: Easy to score when you move the goalposts
- How to remove SkyDrive from the Windows 8.1 Explorer
- Switching from iPhone to Android? Switch off iMessage
- Why is Google pumping more money into Firefox?
- Sky Broadband Shield review
- Samsung Galaxy S4: how to double your battery life
- Motorola Moto G review: first look
- IBM Watson meets Willy Wonka
- Google’s support policies shove users towards Chrome
- Lenovo Yoga Tablet review: first look
- The importance of load balancing
- Windows Phone App Studio: an easy way to create your first Windows Phone 8 app
- The end of Windows XP support: what it really means for businesses
- Don't rely on Chrome's password vault
- Using Buffer to manage your social media
- Microsoft needs its own Steve Jobs
- Forget credit cards: hackers want your Facebook account
- Can't get fast enough broadband? Here's what to do
- Leap Motion and the battle against UI stagnation
- How to build a really bad network