TVShack owner O'Dwyer cuts deal to avoid US extradition
Posted on 28 Nov 2012 at 11:13
Author: Nicole Kobie
Richard O'Dwyer will have to pay compensation, but won't face jail
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
Why travel to US?
The article states, 'and travel to the US to sign an undertaking not to infringe copyright laws again'.
So why can't the US Embassy 'pop round' to his UK address with the papers to sign?
This could be dangerous in that once in the USA, they can do what they want negating any agreement made.
There is also the cost of the travel when patently unnecessary.
I'd be wary personally.....
By tonybro on 28 Nov 2012
"I'd be wary personally....."
You and me both!!
By jontym123 on 28 Nov 2012
'and travel to the US to sign an undertaking not to infringe copyright laws again'
Said the Spider to the fly!
By Jaberwocky on 29 Nov 2012
The US, as usual, says jump and the UK government asks how high? Just who does the UK government represent? It seems the interests of the US are taken ahead of UK citizens! If I was this kid, I'd be very wary of a ruse of somekind by the US authorities who break treaties, laws and agreements wholesale!
By lablarry on 2 Dec 2012
- Adobe buys Aviary to open Creative Cloud to mobile
- iPhone 6 is toughest Apple handset yet
- Ellison steps down: but who's really running Oracle now?
- Amazon releases high-end Kindle Voyage Touch
- Sony warns of massive loss on smartphones
- Dropbox app doesn't work properly with iOS 8
- Dark clouds for Adobe as profits slide by 46%
- Windows 9 Technical Preview launch date revealed
- New Windows 9 videos show off multi-desktops and notification centre
- Chromebook owners get access to Android apps
- Michael Dell: Cloud infrastructure is the roads, bridges and highways of the 21st century
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- Apple Watch, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Tim Cook's Apple back with a bang?
- BT Home Hub 5: how to get maximum speed
- 20 years of PC Pro: one-star reviews (including "the worst tablet we've ever seen")
- 20 years of PC Pro: our best covers
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office