TVShack owner O'Dwyer cuts deal to avoid US extradition
Posted on 28 Nov 2012 at 11:13
Author: Nicole Kobie
Richard O'Dwyer will have to pay compensation, but won't face jail
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
Why travel to US?
The article states, 'and travel to the US to sign an undertaking not to infringe copyright laws again'.
So why can't the US Embassy 'pop round' to his UK address with the papers to sign?
This could be dangerous in that once in the USA, they can do what they want negating any agreement made.
There is also the cost of the travel when patently unnecessary.
I'd be wary personally.....
By tonybro on 28 Nov 2012
"I'd be wary personally....."
You and me both!!
By jontym123 on 28 Nov 2012
'and travel to the US to sign an undertaking not to infringe copyright laws again'
Said the Spider to the fly!
By Jaberwocky on 29 Nov 2012
The US, as usual, says jump and the UK government asks how high? Just who does the UK government represent? It seems the interests of the US are taken ahead of UK citizens! If I was this kid, I'd be very wary of a ruse of somekind by the US authorities who break treaties, laws and agreements wholesale!
By lablarry on 2 Dec 2012
- New version of Office for Mac coming this year
- iOS 7.1: what's new?
- Europol warns: public Wi-Fi isn't safe
- IDC: iPad intertia opens door for Windows tablets
- Rivals put on notice as Spotify snaps up The Echo Nest
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 leaks via Microsoft's website
- Mozilla questions why Dell charges £16 to install Firefox
- Hundreds of NHS sites vulnerable to hackers
- Samsung Chromebook 2 gets faux-leather look - and bloatware
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 hits RTM
- CeBit 2014 diary: Cameron comes to town
- The 5 most interesting UK businesses at SXSW
- Quickest way to upload 1GB? Hop on a train
- Move over Delia: IBM Watson is cooking tonight
- Eric Schmidt on the double-edged smartphone: friend and foe
- Getty joins the race to the bottom
- Hour of Code: five steps to learn how to code
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet review: first look
- Sony Xperia Z2 review: first look
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 review: first look
- Headings vs headers: how to use both in Word
- Windows Server 2012 R2: how the Datacenter edition could change SMBs
- Invoices and VAT: how to set up your documents correctly
- Nexus 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S4 Active: the best phone for avoiding screen burn
- How much is a social user worth?
- The key to choosing a secure password
- Thunderbolt Bridge: a fast Mac migration tool
- Should you advertise on Twitter?
- How to track a lost smartphone
- Self-publishing success: the best way to sell your book