Breakfast Briefing: Google Analytics flaw, Windows Phone 8 reboot bug, Intel killing CPU upgrades?
Posted on 28 Nov 2012 at 08:40
Today's top tech stories feature Google, Microsoft and Intel
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
Could Intel really kill off CPU upgrades?
Do people still seriously upgrade just their CPU these days, I've built my last 4 PC's and have never seen the financial sense of upgrading just the CPU without a new motherboard etc. The performance gain from just a new CPU using the existing architecture never seems enough to justify the cost, technology seems to move so fast that even a year or 2 down the road it's more cost effective to upgrade the bare essentials to new architecture than just the CPU.
By Samo42 on 29 Nov 2012
- What is Google Inbox?
- Windows 10 release date, features and how to get the Technical Preview
- Google announces the Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and the arrival of Android Lollipop
- Lenovo and Ashton Kutcher launch Yoga Tablet 2 Pro, Yoga Tablet 2 and Yoga 3 Pro
- Lenovo Yoga event live stream: watch Ashton Kutcher's tablet launch live
- HTC shows off Desire Eye selfie phone and periscope-like camera
- Xim: the slideshow app to get excited about
- Adobe has more apps for iOS, but none for Android
- How to download and install Windows 10 Technical Preview
- iPhone 6 Plus "less likely to bend than HTC One"
- Google Glass: mugger bait, pub problem and other lessons learned from two dangerous weeks
- Twitter, please don't fiddle with my feed
- How Satya Nadella can get some pay-raise karma
- Windows 10: a step back to go forward
- Michael Dell: Cloud infrastructure is the roads, bridges and highways of the 21st century
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office