Breakfast Briefing: Google Analytics flaw, Windows Phone 8 reboot bug, Intel killing CPU upgrades?
Posted on 28 Nov 2012 at 08:40
Today's top tech stories feature Google, Microsoft and Intel
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
Could Intel really kill off CPU upgrades?
Do people still seriously upgrade just their CPU these days, I've built my last 4 PC's and have never seen the financial sense of upgrading just the CPU without a new motherboard etc. The performance gain from just a new CPU using the existing architecture never seems enough to justify the cost, technology seems to move so fast that even a year or 2 down the road it's more cost effective to upgrade the bare essentials to new architecture than just the CPU.
By Samo42 on 29 Nov 2012
- Windows 8.2: release date, features and free cloud version
- Chrome Remote Desktop now available on Android
- Sony warns of fresh VAIO battery fires
- 4G version of Surface 2 launched in the UK
- BlackBerry CEO says not selling off phones "any time soon"
- 13 May: the day we'll know if Microsoft is really abandoning Windows XP
- Office for iPad hits 12m downloads, but receives poor reviews
- Windows Phone 8.1 gets its own PA: Cortana
- 24m vulnerable home routers ready to launch DDoS attacks
- Mozilla's Eich: my views on gay marriage are irrelevant
- Hello Cortana, it's nice to meet you
- Windows 8.1 Update: an abject surrender
- The insane economics of Sky Now TV
- No such thing as a free app... so pay up if you want quality
- Time to outlaw crapware-laden installers
- Windows Phone 8.1 video: hands-on
- Office for iPad: key information
- Why every PC buyer owes Richard Durkin a debt of gratitude
- HTC One M8 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: 2014's big-hitters compared
- Windows XP end of life: key information
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office
- How to write your company's IT security policy
- Raspberry Pi and Wolfram: a must-have for every child
- Could you get by with Office Web Apps?
- The best Android antivirus apps for 2014
- Headings vs headers: how to use both in Word