Breakfast Briefing: Google Analytics flaw, Windows Phone 8 reboot bug, Intel killing CPU upgrades?
Posted on 28 Nov 2012 at 08:40
Today's top tech stories feature Google, Microsoft and Intel
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
Could Intel really kill off CPU upgrades?
Do people still seriously upgrade just their CPU these days, I've built my last 4 PC's and have never seen the financial sense of upgrading just the CPU without a new motherboard etc. The performance gain from just a new CPU using the existing architecture never seems enough to justify the cost, technology seems to move so fast that even a year or 2 down the road it's more cost effective to upgrade the bare essentials to new architecture than just the CPU.
By Samo42 on 29 Nov 2012
- Ellison steps down: but who's really running Oracle now?
- Amazon releases high-end Kindle Voyage Touch
- Sony warns of massive loss on smartphones
- Dropbox app doesn't work properly with iOS 8
- Dark clouds for Adobe as profits slide by 46%
- Windows 9 Technical Preview launch date revealed
- New Windows 9 videos show off multi-desktops and notification centre
- Chromebook owners get access to Android apps
- SanDisk lets you pop half-terabyte card in your camera
- Windows 9 video shows new Start menu
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- Apple Watch, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Tim Cook's Apple back with a bang?
- BT Home Hub 5: how to get maximum speed
- 20 years of PC Pro: one-star reviews (including "the worst tablet we've ever seen")
- 20 years of PC Pro: our best covers
- Why we've closed the PC Pro forums
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office