Breakfast Briefing: Google Analytics flaw, Windows Phone 8 reboot bug, Intel killing CPU upgrades?
Posted on 28 Nov 2012 at 08:40
Today's top tech stories feature Google, Microsoft and Intel
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
Could Intel really kill off CPU upgrades?
Do people still seriously upgrade just their CPU these days, I've built my last 4 PC's and have never seen the financial sense of upgrading just the CPU without a new motherboard etc. The performance gain from just a new CPU using the existing architecture never seems enough to justify the cost, technology seems to move so fast that even a year or 2 down the road it's more cost effective to upgrade the bare essentials to new architecture than just the CPU.
By Samo42 on 29 Nov 2012
- Windows 8.2/Windows 9: release date, features and free cloud version
- Facebook testing keyword searching in old posts
- Google promises faster Chrome with 64-bit support
- iPhone 6 release date, specs/features and rumours: when is the new iPhone 6 coming out in the UK
- Sony Xperia Z3 specs leak online
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha release date, specs and rumoured price in the UK
- Vodafone has worst reception but Ofcom tests questioned
- Boxed iPhone 6 photos leak online
- Still on IE8? You've got 18 months to upgrade
- iPhone 6 launch event tipped for 9 September
- 20 years of PC Pro: our best covers
- Why we've closed the PC Pro forums
- How to turn off Google Location Tracking
- 20 years of PC Pro: our greatest review mistakes
- 20 years of PC Pro: our first A-List
- Wikipedia's "right to be forgotten" protest hits the wrong note
- 3D printing hits the high street for plastic selfies
- 20 years of PC Pro: What amazed us in our first issue
- How Google Glass ruined my lunch hour
- Smartphone battery packs: can a USB power pack beat the festival battery blues?
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office