Windows Phone 8 users complain of random reboots
Posted on 19 Nov 2012 at 08:53
Author: Stewart Mitchell
Nokia and HTC handset owners complain of random restarts with Windows Phone 8 devices
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
By SwissMac on 19 Nov 2012
Well, at least MS won't come back with the diagnosis "you're holding it wrong" like our fruity friends did.
By everton2004 on 19 Nov 2012
Use iDevice to get to destinat......get lost.
By vikarmo on 19 Nov 2012
... Any chance of running this story?
As usual it seems that this might not be 'that' serious! A whole 50 posts on a thread. MASSIVE. Time will tell
By rhythm on 19 Nov 2012
£10 to children in need
Says that its something to do with "overfilling" the storage.
I have 32G in my 7pro and random reboots occur if its filled beyond 16G.
As its an unofficial upgrade, I wager that this issue has never been properly tested on WP7x at least.
By nickallison on 19 Nov 2012
No-one's any better
My Samsung Galaxy S2 randomly reboots by itself, and my iPod Touch isn't unknown to totally lock up and need a hard reset. So fanboys of every camp - give it a rest, eh?
By halsteadk on 19 Nov 2012
well said halsteadk
(but dissing IOS is just so much fun :-))
By nickallison on 19 Nov 2012
I don't have this problem
and Ive had mine since day one of release for it. No problems at all with is, no restarts, no crashes, no glitches.
It's smooth, fast and stable. Best phone Ive had, Ive had Androids and IOs phones too.
By Lawnton on 19 Nov 2012
I have this problem also but in addition my Lumia 820 turns itself on in the middle of the night as well, sometimes leaving me with a flat battery, I have another issue in that my Mercs phone system won't transfer my contacts across this must be an issue with the latest Bluetooth spec but no one can give me awnser on that one so I have the old Lumia 800 in the car and that's works fine.
By keith217 on 22 Nov 2012
- Google I/O live stream and blog: how to watch 2014 Google I/O keynote speech live
- Google testing its own domain registration service
- Adobe announces first hardware: Adobe Ink and Slide
- Vote now in the PC Pro Excellence Awards 2014!
- What’s new in OS X 10.10? Apple Yosemite’s new features
- Samsung Z Tizen phone helps loosen ties with Android
- Microsoft rumoured to launch smartwatch this summer
- LG G3 launched: LG takes the wraps off smartphone that offers “more with less effort”
- LG G3 launch live video stream and blog: as it happened
- Apple fixes iMessage lock-in for Android switchers
- How Google Glass ruined my lunch hour
- Smartphone battery packs: can a USB power pack beat the festival battery blues?
- Windows Easy Transfer – not so "easy" in Windows 8.1
- Formula 1: what a difference virtualisation makes
- Office of the future: comfy chairs and tablets everywhere
- I went to Glastonbury and the only thing that got high was my smartphone
- Meet the robots helping teach children
- PaperLater: would you pay to print the internet?
- Amazon vs Kobo: how much to make the ebook switch?
- Phishing emails: how I nearly got caught out
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office
- How to write your company's IT security policy
- Raspberry Pi and Wolfram: a must-have for every child