Windows Phone 8 users complain of random reboots
Posted on 19 Nov 2012 at 08:53
Author: Stewart Mitchell
Nokia and HTC handset owners complain of random restarts with Windows Phone 8 devices
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
By SwissMac on 19 Nov 2012
Well, at least MS won't come back with the diagnosis "you're holding it wrong" like our fruity friends did.
By everton2004 on 19 Nov 2012
Use iDevice to get to destinat......get lost.
By vikarmo on 19 Nov 2012
... Any chance of running this story?
As usual it seems that this might not be 'that' serious! A whole 50 posts on a thread. MASSIVE. Time will tell
By rhythm on 19 Nov 2012
£10 to children in need
Says that its something to do with "overfilling" the storage.
I have 32G in my 7pro and random reboots occur if its filled beyond 16G.
As its an unofficial upgrade, I wager that this issue has never been properly tested on WP7x at least.
By nickallison on 19 Nov 2012
No-one's any better
My Samsung Galaxy S2 randomly reboots by itself, and my iPod Touch isn't unknown to totally lock up and need a hard reset. So fanboys of every camp - give it a rest, eh?
By halsteadk on 19 Nov 2012
well said halsteadk
(but dissing IOS is just so much fun :-))
By nickallison on 19 Nov 2012
I don't have this problem
and Ive had mine since day one of release for it. No problems at all with is, no restarts, no crashes, no glitches.
It's smooth, fast and stable. Best phone Ive had, Ive had Androids and IOs phones too.
By Lawnton on 19 Nov 2012
I have this problem also but in addition my Lumia 820 turns itself on in the middle of the night as well, sometimes leaving me with a flat battery, I have another issue in that my Mercs phone system won't transfer my contacts across this must be an issue with the latest Bluetooth spec but no one can give me awnser on that one so I have the old Lumia 800 in the car and that's works fine.
By keith217 on 22 Nov 2012
- Surface RT tablets to feature Qualcomm processors
- Microsoft frees two million PCs from botnet
- Government wheedles more funding for online child protection from ISPs
- AMD’s "Seattle" ARM chips set for 2014 release
- Microsoft offloads cheap Surface RT tablets to schools
- Outlook.com to ditch linked accounts over security fears
- Adobe’s subscription-only Creative Cloud goes live
- Skype rolls out free video voicemail
- Spotify confirms UK outage
- One in ten emails from BT accounts is malicious
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC review: first look
- Huawei Ascend P6 review: first look
- Adobe Illustrator CC review: first look
- Let MPs tell us what they really want ISPs to block
- Adobe Photoshop CC review: first look
- WWDC 2013 and iOS 7 launch: live blog
- Sony VAIO Pro review: first look
- Want child porn blocked? Meet the IWF
- Is it worth upgrading a media centre to Windows 8?
- Flickr redesign: is it enough to tempt photographers back?
- Facebook "click on the photo" scams: how they work
- Three alternatives to Word's spelling and grammar checker
- Google two-step verification: a must for business email
- Microsoft Office and the death of upgrades
- The ICO's shame-faced u-turn on cookies
- Start8 and ModernMix: making Windows 8 work on a desktop
- How to boost your mobile reception
- How to fix Facebook: Social Fixer
- Taking the stress out of WordPress updates
- Where to download free web fonts