Windows Phone 8 users complain of random reboots
Posted on 19 Nov 2012 at 08:53
Author: Stewart Mitchell
Nokia and HTC handset owners complain of random restarts with Windows Phone 8 devices
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
By SwissMac on 19 Nov 2012
Well, at least MS won't come back with the diagnosis "you're holding it wrong" like our fruity friends did.
By everton2004 on 19 Nov 2012
Use iDevice to get to destinat......get lost.
By vikarmo on 19 Nov 2012
... Any chance of running this story?
As usual it seems that this might not be 'that' serious! A whole 50 posts on a thread. MASSIVE. Time will tell
By rhythm on 19 Nov 2012
£10 to children in need
Says that its something to do with "overfilling" the storage.
I have 32G in my 7pro and random reboots occur if its filled beyond 16G.
As its an unofficial upgrade, I wager that this issue has never been properly tested on WP7x at least.
By nickallison on 19 Nov 2012
No-one's any better
My Samsung Galaxy S2 randomly reboots by itself, and my iPod Touch isn't unknown to totally lock up and need a hard reset. So fanboys of every camp - give it a rest, eh?
By halsteadk on 19 Nov 2012
well said halsteadk
(but dissing IOS is just so much fun :-))
By nickallison on 19 Nov 2012
I don't have this problem
and Ive had mine since day one of release for it. No problems at all with is, no restarts, no crashes, no glitches.
It's smooth, fast and stable. Best phone Ive had, Ive had Androids and IOs phones too.
By Lawnton on 19 Nov 2012
I have this problem also but in addition my Lumia 820 turns itself on in the middle of the night as well, sometimes leaving me with a flat battery, I have another issue in that my Mercs phone system won't transfer my contacts across this must be an issue with the latest Bluetooth spec but no one can give me awnser on that one so I have the old Lumia 800 in the car and that's works fine.
By keith217 on 22 Nov 2012
- Google promises faster Chrome with 64-bit support
- iPhone 6 release date, rumours, specs and features: when is the iPhone 6 coming out in the UK?
- Sony Xperia Z3 specs leak online
- Windows 8.2/Windows 9: release date, features and free cloud version
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha release date, specs and rumoured price in the UK
- Vodafone has worst reception but Ofcom tests questioned
- Boxed iPhone 6 photos leak online
- Still on IE8? You've got 18 months to upgrade
- iPhone 6 launch event tipped for 9 September
- Feature updates coming to Patch Tuesday
- How to turn off Google Location Tracking
- 20 years of PC Pro: our greatest review mistakes
- 20 years of PC Pro: our first A-List
- Wikipedia's "right to be forgotten" protest hits the wrong note
- 3D printing hits the high street for plastic selfies
- 20 years of PC Pro: What amazed us in our first issue
- How Google Glass ruined my lunch hour
- Smartphone battery packs: can a USB power pack beat the festival battery blues?
- Windows Easy Transfer – not so "easy" in Windows 8.1
- Formula 1: what a difference virtualisation makes
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office
- How to write your company's IT security policy