Windows Phone 8 users complain of random reboots
Posted on 19 Nov 2012 at 08:53
Author: Stewart Mitchell
Nokia and HTC handset owners complain of random restarts with Windows Phone 8 devices
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
By SwissMac on 19 Nov 2012
Well, at least MS won't come back with the diagnosis "you're holding it wrong" like our fruity friends did.
By everton2004 on 19 Nov 2012
Use iDevice to get to destinat......get lost.
By vikarmo on 19 Nov 2012
... Any chance of running this story?
As usual it seems that this might not be 'that' serious! A whole 50 posts on a thread. MASSIVE. Time will tell
By rhythm on 19 Nov 2012
£10 to children in need
Says that its something to do with "overfilling" the storage.
I have 32G in my 7pro and random reboots occur if its filled beyond 16G.
As its an unofficial upgrade, I wager that this issue has never been properly tested on WP7x at least.
By nickallison on 19 Nov 2012
No-one's any better
My Samsung Galaxy S2 randomly reboots by itself, and my iPod Touch isn't unknown to totally lock up and need a hard reset. So fanboys of every camp - give it a rest, eh?
By halsteadk on 19 Nov 2012
well said halsteadk
(but dissing IOS is just so much fun :-))
By nickallison on 19 Nov 2012
I don't have this problem
and Ive had mine since day one of release for it. No problems at all with is, no restarts, no crashes, no glitches.
It's smooth, fast and stable. Best phone Ive had, Ive had Androids and IOs phones too.
By Lawnton on 19 Nov 2012
I have this problem also but in addition my Lumia 820 turns itself on in the middle of the night as well, sometimes leaving me with a flat battery, I have another issue in that my Mercs phone system won't transfer my contacts across this must be an issue with the latest Bluetooth spec but no one can give me awnser on that one so I have the old Lumia 800 in the car and that's works fine.
By keith217 on 22 Nov 2012
- Chrome Remote Desktop now available on Android
- Sony warns of fresh VAIO battery fires
- 4G version of Surface 2 launched in the UK
- BlackBerry CEO says not selling off phones "any time soon"
- 13 May: the day we'll know if Microsoft is really abandoning Windows XP
- Office for iPad hits 12m downloads, but receives poor reviews
- Windows Phone 8.1 gets its own PA: Cortana
- 24m vulnerable home routers ready to launch DDoS attacks
- Mozilla's Eich: my views on gay marriage are irrelevant
- Windows support scam ringleader convicted
- Windows 8.1 Update: an abject surrender
- The insane economics of Sky Now TV
- No such thing as a free app... so pay up if you want quality
- Time to outlaw crapware-laden installers
- Windows Phone 8.1 video: hands-on
- Office for iPad: key information
- Why every PC buyer owes Richard Durkin a debt of gratitude
- HTC One M8 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: 2014's big-hitters compared
- Windows XP end of life: key information
- Cut out the broadband jargon? What jargon?
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office
- How to write your company's IT security policy
- Raspberry Pi and Wolfram: a must-have for every child
- Could you get by with Office Web Apps?
- The best Android antivirus apps for 2014
- Headings vs headers: how to use both in Word
- Windows Server 2012 R2: how the Datacenter edition could change SMBs
- Invoices and VAT: how to set up your documents correctly