HP's PC chief calls Surface "kludgey"
Posted on 15 Nov 2012 at 15:42
Author: Stewart Mitchell
Microsoft's tablet is no competition, HP claims
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
HP an authority on tablets?
Cannot expect any of the hardware vendors to like it when Microsoft have said that the only reason they have is because no one has done anything that lets it compete with Apple. You failed HP along with others who have just not tried hard enough.
By Jamie_C67 on 15 Nov 2012
why are HP so rubbish? I'll tell you why:
"...there's quite a grid. We'll be judicious about how we deploy against application availability in the enterprise, consumerisation, and price points."
what a pile of bollocks
By gavmeister on 15 Nov 2012
Where were you when the iPad hit? Oh yeah, nowhere. Instead of giving us an update HP TC1100 you sent us the Slate 500. A single core Atom CPU that was really, REALLY slow. Then you gave us the Slate 2. An even SLOWER tablet.
Now what do you have? You canceled the excellent 2700 tablet range and are set to release, after EVERYONE ELSE, your new device that sits at a resolution of 1280x800. No SD card slot on the machine. Sure, the jacket thing works well, but that's about it.
Give us GOOD kit before even mentioning another company
By rhythm on 15 Nov 2012
I just don't understand why companies need to bad mouth each other.
The Surface looks awesome but so does the HP Envy X2!
Let your products do the talking, it's the only part the consumers pay attention to.
By Grunthos on 16 Nov 2012
I agree with all of the above comments
They need to look at their own rubbish devices before critisising others. With heads like Todd Bradley in charge, the Apple board will be having a good laugh.
By qwerty on 16 Nov 2012
- Schools warm up to BYOD for tablets
- Xbox One: what it means for Windows PCs
- IBM's Watson answers customers' questions
- New CEO reorganises Intel to target "new devices"
- Flexible tablets closer to reality with graphene ink
- Flickr offers "awesome" 1TB of free storage
- EU promises single telecoms market by 2015
- iOS 7: release date, features and more
- Yahoo promises not to "screw up" Tumblr
- Dell profits slide 79% amid buyout talks
- Flickr redesign: is it enough to tempt photographers back?
- Hands on with the new Google Maps
- Nokia Lumia 925 review: first look
- Why I won't subscribe to Creative Cloud
- GoPro camera strapped to a remote-control helicopter: the ultimate boy's toy
- Acer Iconia A1 review: first look
- Acer Aspire P3 review: first look
- Acer Aspire R7 review: first look
- How we produce the PC Pro podcast
- Google Now draining iPhone battery
- The ICO's shame-faced u-turn on cookies
- Start8 and ModernMix: making Windows 8 work on a desktop
- How to boost your mobile reception
- How to fix Facebook: Social Fixer
- Taking the stress out of WordPress updates
- Where to download free web fonts
- Turn your tablet into a Sky+ remote control
- How to measure the success of a new IT system
- Three years on: the state of the tablet market
- Windows 8: what works and what doesn't