HP's PC chief calls Surface "kludgey"
Posted on 15 Nov 2012 at 15:42
Author: Stewart Mitchell
Microsoft's tablet is no competition, HP claims
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
HP an authority on tablets?
Cannot expect any of the hardware vendors to like it when Microsoft have said that the only reason they have is because no one has done anything that lets it compete with Apple. You failed HP along with others who have just not tried hard enough.
By Jamie_C67 on 15 Nov 2012
why are HP so rubbish? I'll tell you why:
"...there's quite a grid. We'll be judicious about how we deploy against application availability in the enterprise, consumerisation, and price points."
what a pile of bollocks
By gavmeister on 15 Nov 2012
Where were you when the iPad hit? Oh yeah, nowhere. Instead of giving us an update HP TC1100 you sent us the Slate 500. A single core Atom CPU that was really, REALLY slow. Then you gave us the Slate 2. An even SLOWER tablet.
Now what do you have? You canceled the excellent 2700 tablet range and are set to release, after EVERYONE ELSE, your new device that sits at a resolution of 1280x800. No SD card slot on the machine. Sure, the jacket thing works well, but that's about it.
Give us GOOD kit before even mentioning another company
By rhythm on 15 Nov 2012
I just don't understand why companies need to bad mouth each other.
The Surface looks awesome but so does the HP Envy X2!
Let your products do the talking, it's the only part the consumers pay attention to.
By Grunthos on 16 Nov 2012
I agree with all of the above comments
They need to look at their own rubbish devices before critisising others. With heads like Todd Bradley in charge, the Apple board will be having a good laugh.
By qwerty on 16 Nov 2012
- Windows 8.2: release date, features and free cloud version
- Chrome Remote Desktop now available on Android
- Sony warns of fresh VAIO battery fires
- 4G version of Surface 2 launched in the UK
- BlackBerry CEO says not selling off phones "any time soon"
- 13 May: the day we'll know if Microsoft is really abandoning Windows XP
- Office for iPad hits 12m downloads, but receives poor reviews
- Windows Phone 8.1 gets its own PA: Cortana
- 24m vulnerable home routers ready to launch DDoS attacks
- Mozilla's Eich: my views on gay marriage are irrelevant
- Hello Cortana, it's nice to meet you
- Windows 8.1 Update: an abject surrender
- The insane economics of Sky Now TV
- No such thing as a free app... so pay up if you want quality
- Time to outlaw crapware-laden installers
- Windows Phone 8.1 video: hands-on
- Office for iPad: key information
- Why every PC buyer owes Richard Durkin a debt of gratitude
- HTC One M8 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: 2014's big-hitters compared
- Windows XP end of life: key information
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office
- How to write your company's IT security policy
- Raspberry Pi and Wolfram: a must-have for every child
- Could you get by with Office Web Apps?
- The best Android antivirus apps for 2014
- Headings vs headers: how to use both in Word