Breakfast Briefing: Paul Allen's movie-buff app, Windows 8 a "gaming catastrophe", Facebook voters
Posted on 9 Nov 2012 at 08:46
In today's tech news round-up: news of Paul Allen's pet projects and games firms attack Windows 8
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
Nothing has changed and why CAN'T MS have their own store?
Gamefly has just released their own digital distribution store and Intel has had their own AppUp for years
Does Gabe have anything to say to GameFly or intel?
Basically Gabe now has extended services that supply 'applications', bnot just games, so he wants his cake. I see no issue with the Windows store and you can still install what you want outside of said store.
Gabe, grow up, compete, bring better products to market (And fix the mac client that suffers from many, many problems... according to the people that use macs).
By rhythm on 9 Nov 2012
Who in their right mind would use a mac for computer gaming?
Incidentally, I thought Apple was planning to go down the walled app store route with OSX as well?
By TheHonestTruth on 9 Nov 2012
The woman in the video is drunk, what's your excuse?
By milliganp on 9 Nov 2012
Genuine LOLs :)
By AlphaGeeK on 9 Nov 2012
- Ellison steps down: but who's really running Oracle now?
- Amazon releases high-end Kindle Voyage Touch
- Sony warns of massive loss on smartphones
- Dropbox app doesn't work properly with iOS 8
- Dark clouds for Adobe as profits slide by 46%
- Windows 9 Technical Preview launch date revealed
- New Windows 9 videos show off multi-desktops and notification centre
- Chromebook owners get access to Android apps
- SanDisk lets you pop half-terabyte card in your camera
- Windows 9 video shows new Start menu
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- Apple Watch, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Tim Cook's Apple back with a bang?
- BT Home Hub 5: how to get maximum speed
- 20 years of PC Pro: one-star reviews (including "the worst tablet we've ever seen")
- 20 years of PC Pro: our best covers
- Why we've closed the PC Pro forums
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office