Breakfast Briefing: Paul Allen's movie-buff app, Windows 8 a "gaming catastrophe", Facebook voters
Posted on 9 Nov 2012 at 08:46
In today's tech news round-up: news of Paul Allen's pet projects and games firms attack Windows 8
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
Nothing has changed and why CAN'T MS have their own store?
Gamefly has just released their own digital distribution store and Intel has had their own AppUp for years
Does Gabe have anything to say to GameFly or intel?
Basically Gabe now has extended services that supply 'applications', bnot just games, so he wants his cake. I see no issue with the Windows store and you can still install what you want outside of said store.
Gabe, grow up, compete, bring better products to market (And fix the mac client that suffers from many, many problems... according to the people that use macs).
By rhythm on 9 Nov 2012
Who in their right mind would use a mac for computer gaming?
Incidentally, I thought Apple was planning to go down the walled app store route with OSX as well?
By TheHonestTruth on 9 Nov 2012
The woman in the video is drunk, what's your excuse?
By milliganp on 9 Nov 2012
Genuine LOLs :)
By AlphaGeeK on 9 Nov 2012
- Chrome Remote Desktop now available on Android
- Sony warns of fresh VAIO battery fires
- 4G version of Surface 2 launched in the UK
- BlackBerry CEO says not selling off phones "any time soon"
- 13 May: the day we'll know if Microsoft is really abandoning Windows XP
- Office for iPad hits 12m downloads, but receives poor reviews
- Windows Phone 8.1 gets its own PA: Cortana
- 24m vulnerable home routers ready to launch DDoS attacks
- Mozilla's Eich: my views on gay marriage are irrelevant
- Windows support scam ringleader convicted
- Windows 8.1 Update: an abject surrender
- The insane economics of Sky Now TV
- No such thing as a free app... so pay up if you want quality
- Time to outlaw crapware-laden installers
- Windows Phone 8.1 video: hands-on
- Office for iPad: key information
- Why every PC buyer owes Richard Durkin a debt of gratitude
- HTC One M8 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: 2014's big-hitters compared
- Windows XP end of life: key information
- Cut out the broadband jargon? What jargon?
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office
- How to write your company's IT security policy
- Raspberry Pi and Wolfram: a must-have for every child
- Could you get by with Office Web Apps?
- The best Android antivirus apps for 2014
- Headings vs headers: how to use both in Word
- Windows Server 2012 R2: how the Datacenter edition could change SMBs