Breakfast Briefing: Paul Allen's movie-buff app, Windows 8 a "gaming catastrophe", Facebook voters
Posted on 9 Nov 2012 at 08:46
In today's tech news round-up: news of Paul Allen's pet projects and games firms attack Windows 8
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
Nothing has changed and why CAN'T MS have their own store?
Gamefly has just released their own digital distribution store and Intel has had their own AppUp for years
Does Gabe have anything to say to GameFly or intel?
Basically Gabe now has extended services that supply 'applications', bnot just games, so he wants his cake. I see no issue with the Windows store and you can still install what you want outside of said store.
Gabe, grow up, compete, bring better products to market (And fix the mac client that suffers from many, many problems... according to the people that use macs).
By rhythm on 9 Nov 2012
Who in their right mind would use a mac for computer gaming?
Incidentally, I thought Apple was planning to go down the walled app store route with OSX as well?
By TheHonestTruth on 9 Nov 2012
The woman in the video is drunk, what's your excuse?
By milliganp on 9 Nov 2012
Genuine LOLs :)
By AlphaGeeK on 9 Nov 2012
- What is Google Inbox?
- Windows 10 release date, features and how to get the Technical Preview
- Google announces the Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and the arrival of Android Lollipop
- Lenovo and Ashton Kutcher launch Yoga Tablet 2 Pro, Yoga Tablet 2 and Yoga 3 Pro
- Lenovo Yoga event live stream: watch Ashton Kutcher's tablet launch live
- HTC shows off Desire Eye selfie phone and periscope-like camera
- Xim: the slideshow app to get excited about
- Adobe has more apps for iOS, but none for Android
- How to download and install Windows 10 Technical Preview
- iPhone 6 Plus "less likely to bend than HTC One"
- Google Glass: mugger bait, pub problem and other lessons learned from two dangerous weeks
- Twitter, please don't fiddle with my feed
- How Satya Nadella can get some pay-raise karma
- Windows 10: a step back to go forward
- Michael Dell: Cloud infrastructure is the roads, bridges and highways of the 21st century
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office