Breakfast Briefing: Paul Allen's movie-buff app, Windows 8 a "gaming catastrophe", Facebook voters
Posted on 9 Nov 2012 at 08:46
In today's tech news round-up: news of Paul Allen's pet projects and games firms attack Windows 8
Fill in the form to send this article to a friend
Nothing has changed and why CAN'T MS have their own store?
Gamefly has just released their own digital distribution store and Intel has had their own AppUp for years
Does Gabe have anything to say to GameFly or intel?
Basically Gabe now has extended services that supply 'applications', bnot just games, so he wants his cake. I see no issue with the Windows store and you can still install what you want outside of said store.
Gabe, grow up, compete, bring better products to market (And fix the mac client that suffers from many, many problems... according to the people that use macs).
By rhythm on 9 Nov 2012
Who in their right mind would use a mac for computer gaming?
Incidentally, I thought Apple was planning to go down the walled app store route with OSX as well?
By TheHonestTruth on 9 Nov 2012
The woman in the video is drunk, what's your excuse?
By milliganp on 9 Nov 2012
Genuine LOLs :)
By AlphaGeeK on 9 Nov 2012
- More than 100 Britons hit by CryptoLocker
- BlackBerry says "we're still alive" as sales hit new low
- Apple buys Twitter search startup Topsy
- Next wave of Windows updates codenamed "Threshold"
- Surface 2 owners locked out due to BitLocker bug
- Bitcoin-mining software hidden in "sneaky" programs
- Surface 2 bug makes screen go dark during games
- Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet goes on sale Wednesday
- HTC One dual SIM coming to the UK
- Microsoft investigates zero-day attacks on Windows XP
- Tech City: Easy to score when you move the goalposts
- How to remove SkyDrive from the Windows 8.1 Explorer
- Switching from iPhone to Android? Switch off iMessage
- Why is Google pumping more money into Firefox?
- Sky Broadband Shield review
- Samsung Galaxy S4: how to double your battery life
- Motorola Moto G review: first look
- IBM Watson meets Willy Wonka
- Google’s support policies shove users towards Chrome
- Lenovo Yoga Tablet review: first look
- The importance of load balancing
- Windows Phone App Studio: an easy way to create your first Windows Phone 8 app
- The end of Windows XP support: what it really means for businesses
- Don't rely on Chrome's password vault
- Using Buffer to manage your social media
- Microsoft needs its own Steve Jobs
- Forget credit cards: hackers want your Facebook account
- Can't get fast enough broadband? Here's what to do
- Leap Motion and the battle against UI stagnation
- How to build a really bad network