iPad mini vs Kindle Fire HD vs Nexus 7: full specs
By David Bayon
Posted on 23 Oct 2012 at 20:00
Apple has unveiled the widely predicted iPad mini, wading into an increasingly crowded compact tablet market.
With Google and Asus collaborating on the Nexus 7, Amazon throwing its weight behind the Kindle Fire HD, and both the Nook and Kobo brands hoping to get a bit more UK recognition, we take a look at how the specifications compare.
Scroll right to see more, or view the full table here.
Is your business a social business? For helpful info and tips visit our hub.
£150 difference between the 32GB Kindle HD & equivalent ipad mini!
You gotta really be a fanboy to justify paying that much more.
By bronven on 23 Oct 2012
There appears to be a bit of confusion with the iPad specs, is LTE included at all the price points quoted, or even any of them?
By Shuflie on 24 Oct 2012
Where is GPS in the Nexus 7 specs?
By steven_h1 on 24 Oct 2012
How about showing which ones have an SD slot
By davidk1962 on 24 Oct 2012
iPad Mini supposedly does not have GPS.
By captainstu72 on 24 Oct 2012
GSP only on 3G iPad mini
By stefani on 25 Oct 2012
How about the ability to swap batteries, or charge from a standard USB connection?
By stefani on 25 Oct 2012
There is no facility for swapping batteries on the Nexus 7 or iPad Mini and I'm pretty sure it's the same for the Kindle Fire HD?
The Kindle Fire HD doesn't even come with a charger in the box. You have to pay extra and buy that separately.
By GoneWithTheWind on 25 Oct 2012
That's because the Kindle Fire HD can charge with a bog standard micro-usb cable and wall plug. The same plug and cable that everything non-Apple uses now (mandated by EU law). If you're the odd one out who doesn't actually own one, or just want a spare, they cost £2 on Amazon. No silly microchipped £30 "Lightning" wires here, please.
By TheHonestTruth on 31 Oct 2012
the difference is not dso much the tablet but the customer service or lack of it as in google.
By santa on 8 Jan 2013
- 20 years of PC Pro: our best covers
- Why we've closed the PC Pro forums
- How to turn off Google Location Tracking
- 20 years of PC Pro: our greatest review mistakes
- 20 years of PC Pro: our first A-List
- Wikipedia's "right to be forgotten" protest hits the wrong note
- 3D printing hits the high street for plastic selfies
- 20 years of PC Pro: What amazed us in our first issue
- How Google Glass ruined my lunch hour
- Smartphone battery packs: can a USB power pack beat the festival battery blues?
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office