iPad mini vs Kindle Fire HD vs Nexus 7: full specs
By David Bayon
Posted on 23 Oct 2012 at 20:00
Apple has unveiled the widely predicted iPad mini, wading into an increasingly crowded compact tablet market.
With Google and Asus collaborating on the Nexus 7, Amazon throwing its weight behind the Kindle Fire HD, and both the Nook and Kobo brands hoping to get a bit more UK recognition, we take a look at how the specifications compare.
Scroll right to see more, or view the full table here.
£150 difference between the 32GB Kindle HD & equivalent ipad mini!
You gotta really be a fanboy to justify paying that much more.
By bronven on 23 Oct 2012
There appears to be a bit of confusion with the iPad specs, is LTE included at all the price points quoted, or even any of them?
By Shuflie on 24 Oct 2012
Where is GPS in the Nexus 7 specs?
By steven_h1 on 24 Oct 2012
How about showing which ones have an SD slot
By davidk1962 on 24 Oct 2012
iPad Mini supposedly does not have GPS.
By captainstu72 on 24 Oct 2012
GSP only on 3G iPad mini
By stefani on 25 Oct 2012
How about the ability to swap batteries, or charge from a standard USB connection?
By stefani on 25 Oct 2012
There is no facility for swapping batteries on the Nexus 7 or iPad Mini and I'm pretty sure it's the same for the Kindle Fire HD?
The Kindle Fire HD doesn't even come with a charger in the box. You have to pay extra and buy that separately.
By GoneWithTheWind on 25 Oct 2012
That's because the Kindle Fire HD can charge with a bog standard micro-usb cable and wall plug. The same plug and cable that everything non-Apple uses now (mandated by EU law). If you're the odd one out who doesn't actually own one, or just want a spare, they cost £2 on Amazon. No silly microchipped £30 "Lightning" wires here, please.
By TheHonestTruth on 31 Oct 2012
the difference is not dso much the tablet but the customer service or lack of it as in google.
By santa on 8 Jan 2013
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC review: first look
- Huawei Ascend P6 review: first look
- Adobe Illustrator CC review: first look
- Let MPs tell us what they really want ISPs to block
- Adobe Photoshop CC review: first look
- WWDC 2013 and iOS 7 launch: live blog
- Sony VAIO Pro review: first look
- Want child porn blocked? Meet the IWF
- Is it worth upgrading a media centre to Windows 8?
- Flickr redesign: is it enough to tempt photographers back?
- Facebook "click on the photo" scams: how they work
- Three alternatives to Word's spelling and grammar checker
- Google two-step verification: a must for business email
- Microsoft Office and the death of upgrades
- The ICO's shame-faced u-turn on cookies
- Start8 and ModernMix: making Windows 8 work on a desktop
- How to boost your mobile reception
- How to fix Facebook: Social Fixer
- Taking the stress out of WordPress updates
- Where to download free web fonts