iPad mini vs Kindle Fire HD vs Nexus 7: full specs
By David Bayon
Posted on 23 Oct 2012 at 20:00
Apple has unveiled the widely predicted iPad mini, wading into an increasingly crowded compact tablet market.
With Google and Asus collaborating on the Nexus 7, Amazon throwing its weight behind the Kindle Fire HD, and both the Nook and Kobo brands hoping to get a bit more UK recognition, we take a look at how the specifications compare.
Scroll right to see more, or view the full table here.
Is your business a social business? For helpful info and tips visit our hub.
£150 difference between the 32GB Kindle HD & equivalent ipad mini!
You gotta really be a fanboy to justify paying that much more.
By bronven on 23 Oct 2012
There appears to be a bit of confusion with the iPad specs, is LTE included at all the price points quoted, or even any of them?
By Shuflie on 24 Oct 2012
Where is GPS in the Nexus 7 specs?
By steven_h1 on 24 Oct 2012
How about showing which ones have an SD slot
By davidk1962 on 24 Oct 2012
iPad Mini supposedly does not have GPS.
By captainstu72 on 24 Oct 2012
GSP only on 3G iPad mini
By stefani on 25 Oct 2012
How about the ability to swap batteries, or charge from a standard USB connection?
By stefani on 25 Oct 2012
There is no facility for swapping batteries on the Nexus 7 or iPad Mini and I'm pretty sure it's the same for the Kindle Fire HD?
The Kindle Fire HD doesn't even come with a charger in the box. You have to pay extra and buy that separately.
By GoneWithTheWind on 25 Oct 2012
That's because the Kindle Fire HD can charge with a bog standard micro-usb cable and wall plug. The same plug and cable that everything non-Apple uses now (mandated by EU law). If you're the odd one out who doesn't actually own one, or just want a spare, they cost £2 on Amazon. No silly microchipped £30 "Lightning" wires here, please.
By TheHonestTruth on 31 Oct 2012
the difference is not dso much the tablet but the customer service or lack of it as in google.
By santa on 8 Jan 2013
- Windows 8.1 Update: an abject surrender
- The insane economics of Sky Now TV
- No such thing as a free app... so pay up if you want quality
- Time to outlaw crapware-laden installers
- Windows Phone 8.1 video: hands-on
- Office for iPad: key information
- Why every PC buyer owes Richard Durkin a debt of gratitude
- HTC One M8 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: 2014's big-hitters compared
- Windows XP end of life: key information
- Cut out the broadband jargon? What jargon?
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office
- How to write your company's IT security policy
- Raspberry Pi and Wolfram: a must-have for every child
- Could you get by with Office Web Apps?
- The best Android antivirus apps for 2014
- Headings vs headers: how to use both in Word
- Windows Server 2012 R2: how the Datacenter edition could change SMBs
- Invoices and VAT: how to set up your documents correctly