Google Chrome OS heading for Release Candidate
By Stewart Mitchell
Posted on 12 Oct 2010 at 11:09
Google could release its Chrome operating system as early as next month, according to hints on the project's developer forums.
The Chrome developers are apparently close to completing a Release Candidate, with comments on bug fixing pages identifying a problem as being “only on the RC build” and naming the build as 0.9.78.1.
In discussions that follow, a Google employee states: “We will push this after 11 November.”
That would put a potential launch date almost exactly a year after Google announced plans to move into the operating system market.
The announcement shocked the IT world back then, but Google's credibility as an operating system distributor has gathered strength on the back of the success of its Android smartphone software that now accounts for one in three of smartphone sales, according to Nielsen research.
"The announcement shocked the IT world back then(...)"
Did it? I thought it was absolutely obvious from the very moment Google for the first time vigorously denied working on an OS. Exactly like they did with the Chrome previously :>
By Josefov on 12 Oct 2010
I for one am looking forward to Chromium, I think the shock referred to here is a delayed shock!
Delayed shock can manifest in physical or psychological symptoms that you don't always connect to the trigger event. An overactive nervous system might be responsible for raised blood pressure, palpitations or circulatory disturbances. By diverting energy away from digestion insufficient digestive enzymes are produced, causing indigestion, constipation or the ubiquitous 'irritable bowel syndrome'.
By gary_davies on 12 Oct 2010
Hello, summer, good place for shopping, fashion, sexy, personality, maturity, from here to begin. Are you ready?
====== http://www.b2cshop.us ======
New era cap $15
Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $25
Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16
Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33
Handbags(Coach,ed hardy,lv,d&g) $35
Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30
-== ( http://www.b2cshop.us ) ==-
By hvvhvbh on 16 Oct 2010
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- Apple Watch, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Tim Cook's Apple back with a bang?
- BT Home Hub 5: how to get maximum speed
- 20 years of PC Pro: one-star reviews (including "the worst tablet we've ever seen")
- 20 years of PC Pro: our best covers
- Why we've closed the PC Pro forums
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office