Google Chrome OS heading for Release Candidate
By Stewart Mitchell
Posted on 12 Oct 2010 at 11:09
Google could release its Chrome operating system as early as next month, according to hints on the project's developer forums.
The Chrome developers are apparently close to completing a Release Candidate, with comments on bug fixing pages identifying a problem as being “only on the RC build” and naming the build as 0.9.78.1.
In discussions that follow, a Google employee states: “We will push this after 11 November.”
That would put a potential launch date almost exactly a year after Google announced plans to move into the operating system market.
The announcement shocked the IT world back then, but Google's credibility as an operating system distributor has gathered strength on the back of the success of its Android smartphone software that now accounts for one in three of smartphone sales, according to Nielsen research.
"The announcement shocked the IT world back then(...)"
Did it? I thought it was absolutely obvious from the very moment Google for the first time vigorously denied working on an OS. Exactly like they did with the Chrome previously :>
By Josefov on 12 Oct 2010
I for one am looking forward to Chromium, I think the shock referred to here is a delayed shock!
Delayed shock can manifest in physical or psychological symptoms that you don't always connect to the trigger event. An overactive nervous system might be responsible for raised blood pressure, palpitations or circulatory disturbances. By diverting energy away from digestion insufficient digestive enzymes are produced, causing indigestion, constipation or the ubiquitous 'irritable bowel syndrome'.
By gary_davies on 12 Oct 2010
Hello, summer, good place for shopping, fashion, sexy, personality, maturity, from here to begin. Are you ready?
====== http://www.b2cshop.us ======
New era cap $15
Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $25
Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16
Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33
Handbags(Coach,ed hardy,lv,d&g) $35
Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30
-== ( http://www.b2cshop.us ) ==-
By hvvhvbh on 16 Oct 2010
- Is it worth upgrading a media centre to Windows 8?
- Flickr redesign: is it enough to tempt photographers back?
- Hands on with the new Google Maps
- Nokia Lumia 925 review: first look
- Why I won't subscribe to Creative Cloud
- GoPro camera strapped to a remote-control helicopter: the ultimate boy's toy
- Acer Iconia A1 review: first look
- Acer Aspire P3 review: first look
- Acer Aspire R7 review: first look
- How we produce the PC Pro podcast
- The ICO's shame-faced u-turn on cookies
- Start8 and ModernMix: making Windows 8 work on a desktop
- How to boost your mobile reception
- How to fix Facebook: Social Fixer
- Taking the stress out of WordPress updates
- Where to download free web fonts
- Turn your tablet into a Sky+ remote control
- How to measure the success of a new IT system
- Three years on: the state of the tablet market
- Windows 8: what works and what doesn't