Google Chrome OS heading for Release Candidate
By Stewart Mitchell
Posted on 12 Oct 2010 at 11:09
Google could release its Chrome operating system as early as next month, according to hints on the project's developer forums.
The Chrome developers are apparently close to completing a Release Candidate, with comments on bug fixing pages identifying a problem as being “only on the RC build” and naming the build as 0.9.78.1.
In discussions that follow, a Google employee states: “We will push this after 11 November.”
That would put a potential launch date almost exactly a year after Google announced plans to move into the operating system market.
The announcement shocked the IT world back then, but Google's credibility as an operating system distributor has gathered strength on the back of the success of its Android smartphone software that now accounts for one in three of smartphone sales, according to Nielsen research.
Is your business a social business? For helpful info and tips visit our hub.
"The announcement shocked the IT world back then(...)"
Did it? I thought it was absolutely obvious from the very moment Google for the first time vigorously denied working on an OS. Exactly like they did with the Chrome previously :>
By Josefov on 12 Oct 2010
I for one am looking forward to Chromium, I think the shock referred to here is a delayed shock!
Delayed shock can manifest in physical or psychological symptoms that you don't always connect to the trigger event. An overactive nervous system might be responsible for raised blood pressure, palpitations or circulatory disturbances. By diverting energy away from digestion insufficient digestive enzymes are produced, causing indigestion, constipation or the ubiquitous 'irritable bowel syndrome'.
By gary_davies on 12 Oct 2010
Hello, summer, good place for shopping, fashion, sexy, personality, maturity, from here to begin. Are you ready?
====== http://www.b2cshop.us ======
New era cap $15
Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $25
Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16
Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33
Handbags(Coach,ed hardy,lv,d&g) $35
Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30
-== ( http://www.b2cshop.us ) ==-
By hvvhvbh on 16 Oct 2010
- How Google Glass ruined my lunch hour
- Smartphone battery packs: can a USB power pack beat the festival battery blues?
- Windows Easy Transfer – not so "easy" in Windows 8.1
- Formula 1: what a difference virtualisation makes
- Office of the future: comfy chairs and tablets everywhere
- I went to Glastonbury and the only thing that got high was my smartphone
- Meet the robots helping teach children
- PaperLater: would you pay to print the internet?
- Amazon vs Kobo: how much to make the ebook switch?
- Phishing emails: how I nearly got caught out
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office
- How to write your company's IT security policy
- Raspberry Pi and Wolfram: a must-have for every child
- Could you get by with Office Web Apps?