Apple counter-sues Kodak over digital camera patents
By Hani Megerisi
Posted on 20 Apr 2010 at 17:09
Apple has filed a counter-suit against Kodak in what's becoming an increasingly ugly patent dispute.
Kodak filed a suit against Apple and RIM in January, claiming the technology used to preview images on their phones violated one of its patents.
Apple has now retaliated by claiming infringement of its patents for digital camera memory handling and digital image processing. The firm said it had been “irreparably harmed by Kodak's acts of infringement, and will continue to be harmed unless and until Kodak acts of infringement are enjoined and restrained by order of this court”.
Apple has been irreparably harmed by Kodak's acts of infringement, and will continue to be harmed unless and until Kodak acts of infringement are enjoined and restrained by order of this court
A number of Kodak products, including the M-Series and C-series cameras, and several models from is video camera ranges, are listed in the filing. Kodak was unavailable for comment, and a spokesman from Apple said the firm does not comment on pending litigation.
The firms are no stranger to courtroom patent battles. Apple is currently fighting a number of patent suits against Nokia, counter-suing the Scandinavian phone-maker after it sued Apple in October and again in January. Apple also filed a suit against HTC last month, in what was perceived as a thinly veiled attack on Google, as HTC manufactures several of the Android handsets.
Similarly, Kodak has launched suits against other phone makers, including Samsung and LG in 2008, over the use of camera technology in mobile handsets.
Apple the new Bad Guy?
Seems to me Apple is falling out with everyone - didn't they have a big hoo-haa with Adobe last week when they banned flash technology on their IPhone. Now everyone is lining up to take shots at Apple
By pauld1024 on 20 Apr 2010
And so they rightfully should - Aple is stealing other people tech and getting away with it!
They have watched M$ do it for years and are now doing the same :(
Aple is now stepping on all the people that *helped* Aple get where it is today
Rotten fruit turned Evil
By nicomo on 20 Apr 2010
They're all as bad as each other...
Kodak sues Apple, Samsung and LG, Apple sues Kodak back.
Nokia sues Apple who fights back.
They are all as bad as each other, and in today's world, this is business...Some companies make most of their money from suing other companies..
By forquare1 on 21 Apr 2010
- Why iTunes sales are falling - and how Beats can help
- Five ways Amazon Fire TV Stick beats Google Chromecast
- Why the Microsoft Band could be a game changer
- Office 365 trumps Dropbox and Google Drive with unlimited OneDrive storage
- Nexus 6 release date, specs and price: when will the Nexus 6 go on sale in the UK?
- Google Glass: mugger bait, pub problem and other lessons learned from two dangerous weeks
- Twitter, please don't fiddle with my feed
- How Satya Nadella can get some pay-raise karma
- Windows 10: a step back to go forward
- Michael Dell: Cloud infrastructure is the roads, bridges and highways of the 21st century
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office