Dell to launch MacBook Air rival
By Barry Collins
Posted on 19 Dec 2008 at 11:08
Dell is casting away its conservative image and launching an ultra stylish laptop to rival the MacBook Air.
The metallic-black "Adamo" laptop will reportedly be thinner than the MacBook Air, although it's unclear whether it will be as light.
Dell is refusing to confirm official details of the laptop, which will reportedly be unveiled at next month's Consumer Electronics Show.
However, the company has set up an Adamo teaser site, which simply offers a "coming soon" message.
Details of the new laptop have leaked across the internet, with a spokesman for Dell telling the New York Times that "I think we need to get some iconic products out there, so people associate Dell's brand with other things."
Dell has been desperately trying to ditch its reputation for dull black boxes over the past couple of years. The company revamped its Inspiron laptop line-up with a selection of coloured cases and won widespread acclaim for its XPS One all-in-one PC.
- Flickr redesign: is it enough to tempt photographers back?
- Hands on with the new Google Maps
- Nokia Lumia 925 review: first look
- Why I won't subscribe to Creative Cloud
- GoPro camera strapped to a remote-control helicopter: the ultimate boy's toy
- Acer Iconia A1 review: first look
- Acer Aspire P3 review: first look
- Acer Aspire R7 review: first look
- How we produce the PC Pro podcast
- Google Now draining iPhone battery
- The ICO's shame-faced u-turn on cookies
- Start8 and ModernMix: making Windows 8 work on a desktop
- How to boost your mobile reception
- How to fix Facebook: Social Fixer
- Taking the stress out of WordPress updates
- Where to download free web fonts
- Turn your tablet into a Sky+ remote control
- How to measure the success of a new IT system
- Three years on: the state of the tablet market
- Windows 8: what works and what doesn't