Vista Springsteen spoof video is born to run and run...
By Barry Collins
Posted on 17 Apr 2008 at 10:58
Microsoft has scored a rare victory over the blogosphere after a cringeworthy sales video for Windows Vista turned out to be a spoof.
Blogs across the globe lit up after the video cropped up on YouTube. It shows a Bruce Springsteen impersonator singing a song about Vista SP1, including the memorable chorus "They'll say Vista, gotta get me some".
The video drew instant condemnation from some of the leading tech blogs, with one plumping for the headline: "Internal Microsoft Video As Painful As It Gets".
Unfortunately, the pain now appears to be all theirs, with Microsoft claiming the video was an internally-produced spoof to help boost staff morale.
And after the kicking Vista has taken, they can probably do with all the morale boosters they can get.
- Flickr redesign: is it enough to tempt photographers back?
- Hands on with the new Google Maps
- Nokia Lumia 925 review: first look
- Why I won't subscribe to Creative Cloud
- GoPro camera strapped to a remote-control helicopter: the ultimate boy's toy
- Acer Iconia A1 review: first look
- Acer Aspire P3 review: first look
- Acer Aspire R7 review: first look
- How we produce the PC Pro podcast
- Google Now draining iPhone battery
- Start8 and ModernMix: making Windows 8 work on a desktop
- How to boost your mobile reception
- How to fix Facebook: Social Fixer
- Taking the stress out of WordPress updates
- Where to download free web fonts
- Turn your tablet into a Sky+ remote control
- How to measure the success of a new IT system
- Three years on: the state of the tablet market
- Windows 8: what works and what doesn't
- Yes, I write down my passwords