PC Pro Award winners 2007 - Software and Services
Posted on 4 Dec 2007 at 12:36
Here are the winners of the 2007 PC Pro Awards for software and services, as voted for by PC Pro readers (Click here to find out how these awards were voted for):
WINNERS - MEMSET
It's two awards in a row for Memset, which scored sixes all round for its customer support, reliability and value for money. Almost all of its users would recommend it.
HIGHLY COMMENDED - HEART INTERNET
WINNER - ZEN INTERNET
It's now four years in a row for one of the industry's most respected ISPs. Near-flawless customer service and reliability keep Zen at the top.
HIGHLY COMMENDED - MADASAFISH
WINNER - CCL (www.cclonline.com)
The Paula Radcliffe of online retailers, CCL enjoys leading from the front, taking this crown for the second year running. And it's quick on its feet, too, topping the charts for delivery.
HIGHLY COMMENDED - LAPTOPSDIRECT.CO.UK, MORECOMPUTERS.COM
SOFTWARE OF THE YEAR
WINNERS - AVG FREE EDITION, MOZILLA FIREFOX
Firefox continues to blaze the open-source trail, while AVG's free antivirus app just keeps on winning new admirers.
HIGHLY COMMENDED - ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS3
- How to get the Windows 10 Technical Preview, plus release date, features and latest news
- Why the Microsoft Band could be a game changer
- Five ways Amazon Fire TV Stick beats Google Chromecast
- Windows 10 trackpad shortcuts: Microsoft takes a leaf out of Apple's book
- HP's vision for the future of PCs: the 3D Sprout
- Google Glass: mugger bait, pub problem and other lessons learned from two dangerous weeks
- Twitter, please don't fiddle with my feed
- How Satya Nadella can get some pay-raise karma
- Windows 10: a step back to go forward
- Michael Dell: Cloud infrastructure is the roads, bridges and highways of the 21st century
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office