Find out what's inside the November issue on sale now
In this month’s magazine you’ll find:
Microsoft Surface Pro 3
Our in-depth review of Microsoft's Surface Pro 3; has the company been successful in its attempt to build "the tablet that can replace your laptop"? Find out in this month's PC Pro.
Chromebooks: if you're looking for a budget laptop, a Chromebook could be all you need. We give the lowdown on Chrome OS and search out bargain buys from only £180. We've tested the best eight to help you make the right choice.
20th Anniversary Special
It’s 20 years since PC Pro first hit the newsstands. We cast our dewy eyes over two decades of products and predictions.
Voice recognition may have matured on our smartphones and wearables, but there are still some remarkable breakthroughs to come.
It’s time to take security seriously: here are 35 tips and tricks to help keep you safe online – and out of cybercriminals’ sights.
There are 22 new reviews in this month's magazine, including Microsoft Surface Pro 3, the Samsung Gear Live and the Asus Zenfone 5.
How to switch from iOS to Android
All you need to know to make a smooth transition from Apple to Google – plus advice on making the journey the other way.
Monitoring and managing multiple PCs using Syspectr
Looking after a wide range of computers can be a challenging business. Here, we introduce a handy web-based tool that can help you pre-empt problems and stay on top of events.
Real World Computing
How the cloud could prove invaluable in the event of a data disaster.
Advanced Windows and Mac
Microsoft has become such a lumbering behemoth that Jon Honeyball finds himself wondering if the end is nigh for the company
Mobile and Wireless
While Google and Roku’s wireless streaming dongles look similar, they work rather differently. Paul Ockenden gives his verdict
Kevin Partner advises on the many avenues to take when determining whether your business idea is a viable one – including the use of Google Trends.
Security and Social Networking
Davey Winder asks whether a social network can ever be truly anonymous, and is horrified by Facebook’s latest announcement.
Simon Jones runs through a few simple tricks in Microsoft Outlook that can help you keep on top of your deluge of email.
Web Apps & Design
How will Adobe’s latest round of updates affect web designers? Tom Arah looks at the latest changes and new capabilities.
Steve Cassidy is taken aback by a rare server failure, and worries about the next generation of network architects.
We examine the specialist anti-piracy policing unit – and reveal how closely it’s working with rights-holders. Plus, we speak to the experts who are keeping self-driving cars on the road, and ask whether it’s fair to ban smartphones from public events.laws, and why we must be wary of the robot revolution.
- Microsoft reveals Windows 10... no, really
- eBay and PayPal split up
- iOS 8.0.2: old problems remain, new bugs added
- Technopop: London sci-tech festival is just for kids
- Windows 10: release date, features, free update and cloud version
- Chromebooks get version of Photoshop
- Retina display iMacs "coming soon"
- Apple patches ShellShock Bash bug
- Should the UK be a sharing economy?
- Want free Wi-Fi? It'll cost your first-born child
- Michael Dell: Cloud infrastructure is the roads, bridges and highways of the 21st century
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- Apple Watch, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Tim Cook's Apple back with a bang?
- BT Home Hub 5: how to get maximum speed
- 20 years of PC Pro: one-star reviews (including "the worst tablet we've ever seen")
- 20 years of PC Pro: our best covers
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office