Find out what's inside the July issue on sale now
In this month’s magazine you’ll find:
Most major ISPs supply a router for free, but are those routers holding back your broadband? We've pitched BT, Sky and Virgin Media's offerings against nine third-party products.
How fast a PC do you really need?
Don't waste money on over the top hardware. We show you exactly how muc difference key components make to overall performance.
The men trying to save us from the machines
Will computers wipe out the human race? We meet the team guarding against that threat.
Barry Collins reveals the remarkable problems PC Pro readers suffer at the hands of couriers - and how to mitigate against them.
Hotel tech: a room with a futuristic view
Davey Winder reveals how technology is revitalising the hotel industry.
There are 45 new reviews in this month's magazine, including the Asus Fonepad, Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2, and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.
Understanding power consumption
Wondering what size power supply to buy, and how to make sense of power requirements? Darien Graham-Smith explains all.
Manage a mailing list with Mailchimp
An email list is a fast and cost-effective way to distribute informatin. Dave Stevenson shows you how to get started.
Can I delete it?
Darien Graham-Smith helps you squeeze more from your storage by finding and removing unneeded files.
Back up your files with Genie Timeline Professional 2012, customise screengrabs and protect your PC with this month's free software.
Real World Computing
Choosing a web-hosting package
Kevin Partner guides you through picking the correct package for your needs.
Want to help other people improve their IT skills? We explain how you can become an IT trainer.
Advanced Windows and Mac
Jon Honeyball welcomes another transformative tool for Windows 8, and comes very close to smashing a Wi-Fi camera to pieces
Mobile and Wireless
Paul Ockenden works with the readers of his column to come up with the perfect real-world smartphone, and looks into a Facebook scam
Kevin Partner overhauls his site in no time at all with a little help from Genesis, and considers abandoning Adobe's Creative Cloud
Security and Social Networking
Davey Winder tackles the ever-mutating threat from phishing - in particular, the growth of conversational attacks
You don't have to rely on Word's built-in spelling and grammar tools. Simon Jones looks at the benefits of three alternatives
Web Apps & Design
Dreamweaver has refocused on HTML5, but Tom Arah still doesn't hold out much hope for the future of Adobe's market-leading program
Steve Cassidy scours the vast halls of CeBIT, finding some new and exciting trends, and manages to fit his whole IT setup onto a bookshelf
Tablets running Windows RT have struggled to sell. We investigate if the Windows-on-ARM experiment is doomed to fail. Plus, we consider the merits of Google Glass and feature an interview with ARM's departing CEO, Warren East.
- Hyperoptic extends 1Gbit/sec broadband beyond London
- PC Pro Enhanced: an update
- Samsung racks up ten million Galaxy S4 shipments
- Lenovo defies PC slump to post 90% profit increase
- The iPad's only good for playing Chopsticks, claims Microsoft
- Twitter finally introduces two-factor authentication
- What's on this week's PC Pro podcast?
- Schools warm up to BYOD for tablets
- HTC staff should "just quit"
- Xbox One: what it means for Windows PCs
- Flickr redesign: is it enough to tempt photographers back?
- Hands on with the new Google Maps
- Nokia Lumia 925 review: first look
- Why I won't subscribe to Creative Cloud
- GoPro camera strapped to a remote-control helicopter: the ultimate boy's toy
- Acer Iconia A1 review: first look
- Acer Aspire P3 review: first look
- Acer Aspire R7 review: first look
- How we produce the PC Pro podcast
- Google Now draining iPhone battery
- The ICO's shame-faced u-turn on cookies
- Start8 and ModernMix: making Windows 8 work on a desktop
- How to boost your mobile reception
- How to fix Facebook: Social Fixer
- Taking the stress out of WordPress updates
- Where to download free web fonts
- Turn your tablet into a Sky+ remote control
- How to measure the success of a new IT system
- Three years on: the state of the tablet market
- Windows 8: what works and what doesn't