Find out what's inside the October issue on sale now
In this month’s magazine you’ll find:
Our in-depth review of Google Glass, revealing the best apps and examining whether privacy is dead. Should you buy Google Glass? Find out in this month's PC Pro.
Compact tablets: Smaller tablets make great portable web browsers, games machines and ebook readers, but which one should you buy? We've tested the best eight to help you make the right choice.
Attack of the killer appliances
Smart devices make our lives more convenient - but a connected world comes with hidden danger. We reveal the scariest hacks so far.
The dreams of machines
Programs can paint, compose melodies and write sonnets - but are they truly creative? We investigate the imaginative computer mind.
Ten events that changed tech
What if Steve Jobs hadn't met Steve Wozniak? We tot up ten tech turning points, and imagine where we'd be had they not taken place.
There are 31 new reviews in this month's magazine, including Google Glass and the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5.
Ubuntu vs Windows: which is faster?
Looking to make the most of older hardware? We pit the best of Microsoft against the popular free alternative.
Choosing the right virtualisation host
Virtualisation is a mainstream technology, but different hypervisor software suits different needs. We compare the different players.
Real World Computing
We explore the deeper issues behind Bring Your Own Device.
Advanced Windows and Mac
Jon Honeyball discovers that tape is still the medium of choice for mass storage needs - and finds he's falling a little out of love with Dropbox.
Mobile and Wireless
Paul Ockenden revisits the pros and cons of BYOD and notices that Bluetooth LE is finally starting to take off.
Kevin Partner explains how you can target your marketing efforts more precisely with the use of Facebook's advertising tool.
Security and Social Networking
Davey Winder demonstrates how best to minimise the impact of Facebook advertising and addresses password concerns.
Simon Jones looks at a few tools and tricks to help you get the most from Microsoft's personal information manager.
Web Apps & Design
A great idea is just the start. Mark Newton explains why testing, marketing and choice of platform are all of vital performance if your app is to succeed.
Steve Cassidy searches for the world's last physical network card, and is excited by VMware's vision of software-defined networking.
We reveal why teachers lack the confidence to teach children to code as part of the new computing curriculum. Plus, a closer look at the partnership between Apple and IBM, an MP defends emergency data laws, and why we must be wary of the robot revolution.
- Amazon and Microsoft spend big on Google ads
- Narrow-trenching help Virgin expand fibre network
- How to remove the U2 album from an iPhone: iTunes antivirus tool launched
- Windows 9 Technical Preview launch date revealed
- Why Microsoft was forced to buy Minecraft
- New Windows 9 videos show off multi-desktops and notification centre
- BT and mobile networks warn of rising cost of Scotland split
- Phones 4u collapse puts iPhone 6 orders in doubt
- Chromebook owners get access to Android apps
- SanDisk lets you pop half-terabyte card in your camera
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- Apple Watch, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Tim Cook's Apple back with a bang?
- BT Home Hub 5: how to get maximum speed
- 20 years of PC Pro: one-star reviews (including "the worst tablet we've ever seen")
- 20 years of PC Pro: our best covers
- Why we've closed the PC Pro forums
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office