Skip to navigation

PCPro-Computing in the Real World Printed from www.pcpro.co.uk

Register to receive our regular email newsletter at http://www.pcpro.co.uk/registration.

The newsletter contains links to our latest PC news, product reviews, features and how-to guides, plus special offers and competitions.

Got a comment or problem regarding the cover disc?

Moderators: greemble, TimDanton, Josefov, graham_epu, Bluespider, Barry_Collins, StuartTurton, timark_uk, Luke_EPU, Cecil_EPU, Alan_EPU, PCPro Moderators

Issue 319 - Auslogics File Recovery - Serial???

Postby Cliffg » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:42 am

Ausologics file recovery is included on this DVD as a free 'Full' Software. It also says No registration required - Includes a 6 month licence.

When I run the program it states that this version can only recover 10 files.
There is no serial and no mention at all in the magazine of it, and it does state 'no registration required'

Can someone from PCPro please advise???

Cliff
Cliffg

Re: Issue 319 - Auslogics File Recovery - Serial???

Postby Cliffg » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:31 am

Why is there no response from PCPro?

Reading other comments on the forum it appears thast it quite common for items that are featured as 'full versions' to be trial versions that you can download for free from a website.
Cliffg

Postby phenoxyethanol » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:13 am

I too would like to know the answer to this. I ran a deep scan twice using this software, both times it took approx 17 hours. The first time it was still running when I went to bed. When I woke up the following morning, the pc had restarted itself - gutted. The second time, I got up just after midnight to sort it so there was no repeat, only to find that when I tried saving the recovered files it came up with the limitation. Not only that, but the blurb states as sold for £15, but when you get directed to their site it is over £30!
So I have wasted 36+ hours of a not very long weekend for nothing. Had the limitation been stated, I wouldn't have wasted my time. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I am livid. sort it out PC pro.
phenoxyethanol

Postby Hodge25 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:34 am

I noticed many people had a lack of success with ktool and efs explorer. I did have an efs backup, but it didn't have an efs.img in it, so using efs professional didn't help.. neither did copying efs.img(that I had from a probably corrupt efs folder into the backup tar.gz.
Hodge25

Return to Cover Disc Forum