Skip to navigation

PCPro-Computing in the Real World Printed from www.pcpro.co.uk

Register to receive our regular email newsletter at http://www.pcpro.co.uk/registration.

The newsletter contains links to our latest PC news, product reviews, features and how-to guides, plus special offers and competitions.

Got a comment or problem regarding the cover disc?

Moderators: greemble, TimDanton, Josefov, graham_epu, Bluespider, Barry_Collins, StuartTurton, timark_uk, Luke_EPU, Cecil_EPU, Alan_EPU, PCPro Moderators

PC Pro Feb 2012 Nitro PDF Pro 6 Activation

Postby davescot » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:57 pm

Hi,

Just installed Nitro PDF Pro 6 from latest cover DVD but can't find anyway of activating the trial version. No serial number has been emailed after registration. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if I'm missing something.

Thanks
davescot

Re: PC Pro Feb 2012 Nitro PDF Pro 6 Activation

Postby netbooknich » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:35 am

I'm having the same problem. The registration states that the software is a 14-day trial version although there's no mention of this in the magazine and no registration information in the mag either.
netbooknich

Postby curiousclive » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:20 pm

well fancy expecting to get it for nothing from PC pro. how naive. :D
All my mistakes are my own work and covered by patents.
Except those by the spell checker and that has its own patients :D
curiousclive

Postby Cherchez » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:23 pm

This worked fine for me - no problem. I registered and was provided with a serial code in an email which I entered when running up Nitro PDF. I suggest you check your spam filters davescot.

netbooknich/curiousclive: The 14 day trial version only relates to product that hasn't been registered. Register the product and it will run forever. The registration info is given when you run the DVD.
Cherchez

Postby sizeten » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:18 pm

I requested a registration code from PCPro and was sent an email with a link to click on in order to receive a code, but the link is not active. Any ideas?
sizeten

Postby Cherchez » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:28 pm

OK. This is how I did it myself.

Run the DVD. On the home page select the "Full" tab and the the "More" link for Nitro PDF. Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit the "register" button. This launches a new window. Login and enter your details. This will result in an email being sent to you with the registration code. (Check spam filters!)

Go back to the page where you hit "register" and this time hit "Install 32 bit" or "Install 64 bit", as appropriate. Install the program. Enter the registration code when prompted (or you just get a 14 day trial).

Good luck! :lol:
Cherchez

Postby tangle » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:11 am

When I run the DVD I just get a folder tree - no homepage, tabs, etc. Printed on the disk itself is "When installing programs, please use the disc interface as this frequently includes vital registration information". What does using the disc interface mean?

Thanks again.
tangle

Postby Cherchez » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:29 am

Tangle,
I think I can see what is going on. Your pc is not set up to auto run the DVD. No problem. Try double clicking on the "welcome.htm" file. This will load the "homepage" in your default browser, and then you shoudl be up and running. Good luck!
Cherchez

Postby tangle » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:15 am

Cherchez,

Magic! All set up and activated. Seemed to be a more tortuous procedure than usual with cover disks.

Many thanks,

tangle
tangle

Postby moxxey » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:27 pm

Getting a code is easy. I don't know how it can be any easier:

1) Launch the disc (if you've turned autorun off, simply double-click index.html)

2) Go to the Nitro 6 page in the Full Software section

3) Click on the registration URL on this page

4) Register. This only needs to be done once. Once you're registered, you'll be able to use the same login/pass for future PC Pro magazine full software giveaways.

5) After you register, you'll be emailed an activation link to confirm your email address. If you do not get this email, check your junk folder! If you can't click on the link (as your security software prevents this), copy and paste it in to your web browser.

6) Click the blue "get serial code" button on the Nitro registration page and - instantly - you'll see your code on the registration page. Plus you'll also get it emailed to your email address.

And, if you forget your code at a later date? Simply log back in to the PC Pro Software Store (http://store.pcpro.co.uk) or ANY future PC Pro giveaway registration page, login, and you can see your codes.
moxxey

Postby malcolmholt » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:23 am

I was able to access it once, when attempting to get an activation code for Nitro6. I did as described in steps 1 to 3 above.
When my activation email arrived it wasn't clickable so copied/pasted into browser (Ff7) and got "Page forbidden".
Now always get "Unable to display page" or "connection timed out" depending which browser I try.
Same happens trying to access http://store.pcpro.co.uk/
malcolmholt

Postby Cherchez » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:42 am

Works OK for me!
You could try deleting cookies although this sounds unlikely to be the cause if you have the problem in 3 browsers. Double check the URL you are using and disable (temporarily) any anti-virus (or other pc protection type) software you may be running. Or try a different DNS server.
Cherchez

Postby malcolmholt » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:51 pm

I can ping and tracert through to the domain name, just can't access the site from any browser. I've emailed PCPro technical support - will see if I get a reply
malcolmholt

Postby Cherchez » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Another thought - a browser add-on causing a problem? Try running the browser in safe mode.
Cherchez

Postby malcolmholt » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:25 pm

tried again, suddenly it worked
who knows :roll:

thanks for help anyway
malcolmholt

Next

Return to Cover Disc Forum