Features Archive for December 2013
- Life behind the wall: censorship in China
- 42 best Android apps
- 3D museums that never close
- 29 best Windows 8.1 apps
- Bring an old PC up to speed
- My PC is infected: what now?
- Build a "mobile minder" to monitor device use
- Inside a British PC Maker
- 34 best iPhone apps
- Chip makers benefit as Bitcoin makes silicon "perishable"
- Photoshop alternatives: could you switch from Adobe's image editor?
- The £100 PC challenge
- gTLDs: what your business should know about new domain names
- Trolling does no harm? Think again
- Install Windows 8.1: step by step
- Use your TV as a secondary display
- 41 best iPad apps
- How Microsoft has cracked Kinect for PC
- PC Pro Excellence Awards 2013: the winners
- Make money from your YouTube videos
- Can Microsoft survive? The future of Office
- Create a website with Bootstrap
- Can Microsoft survive?
- Creating a digital will
- 3D printing: the myths and the reality
- Slash your smartphone bill
- Best streaming music services for 2013
- Best cloud music storage in 2013
- A real-world guide to business VoIP
- Best internet radio services for 2013
- Forget the Valley: British computing is a success
- Sack your PA: how to stay on top of your work life
- When coding becomes a crime
- Hotel tech: a room with a futuristic view
- How fast a PC do you really need?
- Which external hard drive: USB 3 or Thunderbolt?
- SSD or hard drive: which is best?
- How fast a processor do you need?
- Can I delete it? How to save disk space
- How to track a stolen phone, laptop or tablet
- The man who teaches the world to Google
- Moving PC made easy
- 35 best web apps
- Software subscriptions return us to a life of servitude
- Dropbox: everything you need to know
- iPhone apps for business travel
- How to get a job as a mobile games developer
- Introducing Arduino - a simple Raspberry Pi alternative
- The tweeting spaceman
- Getting started with HTML5
- The fall and rise of PC gaming
- The Dynabook is everywhere, but affordable internet isn't
- UEFI BIOS explained
- Best route-planner apps for public transport
- How to install Ubuntu on a Chromebook
- The best satnavs for cycling
- Satnavs: TomTom vs Google Maps vs Nokia Drive+ vs Apple Maps
- Is Windows 8 to blame for PC sales slump?
- Online accounting: an expert guide
- Windows 8: advanced features
- Has Ubuntu bitten off more than it can chew?
- How to get a job in cloud computing
- How fibre broadband transformed Cornwall
- Write and sell Android apps with Basic 4 Android: Part 2
- Write and sell Android apps with Basic 4 Android: Part 1
- Windows 8 picture passwords: are they safe?
- What if there were no viruses?
- Tablet overdose will lead to the death of the PC
- A standing workstation for your home or office
- The world's most powerful computers
- Best Android phones for 2013
- How to repair a dying PC
- What if Apple had gone bankrupt?
- Before iWatch and Google Glass: wearable computing milestones and failures
- Password managers: Are they safe? Which is the best?
- Apple vs Google vs Microsoft: pick your team
- Create your first Windows 8 app
- The best iPhone security apps
- Tablets for kids
- Choosing the right tablet for business
- Best free antivirus for 2013
- Is Amazon eating itself?
- Can you erase yourself from the internet?
- Principles of good web design
- iOS 6: Do Not Disturb
- The best iPhone for photography
- The best business broadband: how to choose the right package
- Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts
- Windows 8: 15 tips and tricks
- Future technology: inside the big research labs
- The future according to ARM
- Mobile data: how much do you need?
- iOS 6 features: everything you need to know
- The future according to Intel
- How to host your site: shared vs dedicated vs virtual
- Sharing your photos with Instagram
- How to build a PC: a step-by-step guide
- How to put a PC case back together
- How to install expansion cards
- How to install a graphics card
- How to install an optical drive
- How to install an SSD
- How to install a hard disk
- How to fit the internal cables
- How to install memory
- How to install an AMD processor
- How to install an Intel processor
- How to install a motherboard
- How to install a power supply
- How to take a PC case apart
- The future according to HP
- How to get faster broadband: tips & tricks
- Introducing the CMS (Content Management System)
- How to edit photos in Adobe Photoshop Express
- Choosing your web hosting package: space, bandwidth, service-level agreements and email handling
- The future according to Google
- Windows Server 2012 features in-depth
- The future according to Microsoft
- How to protect your business against spear phishing
- Find my iPad: how to discover its current whereabouts
- iPhone 5 features: everything you need to know
- Play it again: Berlin's Computer Game Museum
- Switching from iPhone to Android: what I miss, what I don't
- Tech City: Easy to score when you move the goalposts
- How to remove SkyDrive from the Windows 8.1 Explorer
- Switching from iPhone to Android? Switch off iMessage
- Why is Google pumping more money into Firefox?
- Sky Broadband Shield review
- Samsung Galaxy S4: how to double your battery life
- Motorola Moto G review: first look
- IBM Watson meets Willy Wonka