Best apps of 2013
Posted on 9 May 2013 at 09:57
We round up the best apps for iPhone, iPad, Android devices and Windows 8
Apps are the lifeblood of devices such as the iPhone, iPad, Android smartphones and tablets, and now Windows 8/RT devices.
Here at PC Pro, we're constantly reviewing the latest apps for each of those devices and operating systems, keeping you up to date with the new releases and old favourites.
Click on the links below to read our app recommendations for your particular device.
Best web apps
Our collection of great web apps - which should work in any modern browser - includes a stunning alternative to PowerPoint (pictured), a selection of great games, and a place to back up your entire digital music collection. Best of all, each and every one of these apps is entirely free.
Best iPhone apps
Our list of iPhone favourites includes Photoshop Touch for Phone (pictured), plus a selection of games including graphical mystery Year Walk and fiendish word puzzler W.E.L.D.E.R. Plus, we find alternatives to the built-in Safari browser and an app for safely storing your passwords.
Best iPad apps
You can divert yourself on the iPad, with the fun platform exploits of Rayman Jungle Run (pictured). Plus, we have lots of great apps for photographers and artists, and a fantastic app that allows you to set your Sky box while you're away from home.
Best Android apps
Our pick of the Android tablet and smartphone apps includes Zeebox (pictured), an app that helps you find out which television shows people are talking about on Twitter. Plus, we have apps for keeping track of your flights, our pick of the alternative Android keyboards, and tools for preventing kids from finding inappropriate apps.
Best Windows 8 apps
Finding high-quality apps in the fledgling Windows 8 Store isn't easy, but we've got a score or more of the best. These include a fantasy stock market game (pictured), the SmartGlass app that turns your tablet into an Xbox controller, and the wonderful Star Chart for night-sky gazers.
Author: Barry Collins
Have I missed something?
Or does Windows Phone not exist??
By everton2004 on 8 Apr 2013
No BB7/BB10/Playbook apps?
By JamesD29 on 9 Apr 2013
For more details about purchasing this feature and/or images for editorial usage, please contact Jasmine Samra on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Windows 10 release date, features and how to get the Technical Preview
- Google announces the Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and the arrival of Android Lollipop
- Lenovo and Ashton Kutcher launch Yoga Tablet 2 Pro, Yoga Tablet 2 and Yoga 3 Pro
- Lenovo Yoga event live stream: watch Ashton Kutcher's tablet launch live
- HTC shows off Desire Eye selfie phone and periscope-like camera
- Xim: the slideshow app to get excited about
- Adobe has more apps for iOS, but none for Android
- How to download and install Windows 10 Technical Preview
- iPhone 6 Plus "less likely to bend than HTC One"
- iPhone 6 Plus: Apple's had nine complaints over "bendgate"
- Google Glass: mugger bait, pub problem and other lessons learned from two dangerous weeks
- Twitter, please don't fiddle with my feed
- How Satya Nadella can get some pay-raise karma
- Windows 10: a step back to go forward
- Michael Dell: Cloud infrastructure is the roads, bridges and highways of the 21st century
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office