Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts
Posted on 25 Jan 2013 at 17:37
These Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts will help you get up to speed if you don't have a touchscreen
Although most people would argue Windows 8 is best appreciated via a touchscreen, that's not an option for those with older PCs or laptops. You can still benefit from the speed of Windows 8's shortcuts, though - just using your keyboard instead.
Most of these shortcuts use the Windows key - that's the one with the Windows logo, usually located to the left or right of the spacebar.
Charms and menus:
Windows + C: Charms
Windows + H: Share
Windows + I: Settings
Windows + K: Devices
Windows + P: Second screen
Windows + X: Admin menu
Windows + Q: Apps Search screen
Windows + F: Files Search screen
Windows + W: Settings Search screen
Windows + . : Split to the right
Windows + Shift + . : Split to the left
Windows + O: Lockscreen orientation
Windows + Z: App options
PageUp/PageDown/mouse wheel: Scroll Start screen
Ctrl + mouse wheel: Semantic zoom
Need more help with Windows 8? Read our 15 best Windows 8 tips.
For more details about purchasing this feature and/or images for editorial usage, please contact Jasmine Samra on email@example.com
- Windows 9: release date, features, free update and cloud version
- iPhone 6 Plus "less likely to bend than HTC One"
- iPhone 6 Plus: Apple's had nine complaints over "bendgate"
- Does the iPhone 6 Plus bend?
- Adobe buys Aviary to open Creative Cloud to mobile
- iPhone 6 is toughest Apple handset yet
- Ellison steps down: but who's really running Oracle now?
- Amazon releases high-end Kindle Voyage Touch
- Sony warns of massive loss on smartphones
- Dropbox app doesn't work properly with iOS 8
- Michael Dell: Cloud infrastructure is the roads, bridges and highways of the 21st century
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold
- Apple Watch, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Tim Cook's Apple back with a bang?
- BT Home Hub 5: how to get maximum speed
- 20 years of PC Pro: one-star reviews (including "the worst tablet we've ever seen")
- 20 years of PC Pro: our best covers