PC Pro Excellence Awards 2012: the full results
Posted on 12 Sep 2012 at 15:30
Find out who won the award for best broadband, laptops, tablets, and much more, in the 2012 PC Pro Excellence Awards
When spending hundreds or thousands of pounds on IT equipment, you want to trust the companies from which you're buying.
The PC Pro Excellence Awards give the firmest possible indication of which deserve your custom.
More than 11,000 readers voted in this year’s survey. Each of our 20 awards are 100% reader voted – nobody buys their way onto a shortlist or is excused if they finish bottom.
The result is a body of experience and opinion you can trust when you next buy a laptop, tablet or digital camera.
How to use these results
Below you'll find listings for each of our 16 award categories and our four products of the year.
Each of the main 16 categories have an interactive results table on their individual pages. These allow you to sort the awards according to your own criteria. So, for example, if you're primarily interested in finding a broadband ISP that offers the greatest reliability, simply click at the top of the Reliability score column, choose Sort Descending, and the table will be re-ordered with the most reliable ISP listed at the top.
You can also click the Excel icon at the foot of each table to download a copy of the results table for future reference.
Excellence award categories
Author: Barry Collins
For more details about purchasing this feature and/or images for editorial usage, please contact Jasmine Samra on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook testing keyword searching in old posts
- Google promises faster Chrome with 64-bit support
- iPhone 6 release date, specs/features and rumours: when is the new iPhone 6 coming out in the UK
- Sony Xperia Z3 specs leak online
- Windows 8.2/Windows 9: release date, features and free cloud version
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha release date, specs and rumoured price in the UK
- Vodafone has worst reception but Ofcom tests questioned
- Boxed iPhone 6 photos leak online
- Still on IE8? You've got 18 months to upgrade
- iPhone 6 launch event tipped for 9 September
- 20 years of PC Pro: our best covers
- Why we've closed the PC Pro forums
- How to turn off Google Location Tracking
- 20 years of PC Pro: our greatest review mistakes
- 20 years of PC Pro: our first A-List
- Wikipedia's "right to be forgotten" protest hits the wrong note
- 3D printing hits the high street for plastic selfies
- 20 years of PC Pro: What amazed us in our first issue
- How Google Glass ruined my lunch hour
- Smartphone battery packs: can a USB power pack beat the festival battery blues?
- How to sell more ebooks on Amazon
- 10 ways to make your business more secure
- Top five VoIP mistakes
- How to add in-app purchasing to an iPhone, Android or Windows app
- Remote-control ransomware: TeamViewer and software hardball
- Why laptops with serial ports matter to the Internet of Things
- Make your mobile battery last longer
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office