PC Pro Excellence Awards 2012: the full results
Posted on 12 Sep 2012 at 15:30
Find out who won the award for best broadband, laptops, tablets, and much more, in the 2012 PC Pro Excellence Awards
When spending hundreds or thousands of pounds on IT equipment, you want to trust the companies from which you're buying.
The PC Pro Excellence Awards give the firmest possible indication of which deserve your custom.
More than 11,000 readers voted in this year’s survey. Each of our 20 awards are 100% reader voted – nobody buys their way onto a shortlist or is excused if they finish bottom.
The result is a body of experience and opinion you can trust when you next buy a laptop, tablet or digital camera.
How to use these results
Below you'll find listings for each of our 16 award categories and our four products of the year.
Each of the main 16 categories have an interactive results table on their individual pages. These allow you to sort the awards according to your own criteria. So, for example, if you're primarily interested in finding a broadband ISP that offers the greatest reliability, simply click at the top of the Reliability score column, choose Sort Descending, and the table will be re-ordered with the most reliable ISP listed at the top.
You can also click the Excel icon at the foot of each table to download a copy of the results table for future reference.
Excellence award categories
Author: Barry Collins
For more details about purchasing this feature and/or images for editorial usage, please contact Jasmine Samra on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chrome Remote Desktop now available on Android
- Sony warns of fresh VAIO battery fires
- 4G version of Surface 2 launched in the UK
- BlackBerry CEO says not selling off phones "any time soon"
- 13 May: the day we'll know if Microsoft is really abandoning Windows XP
- Office for iPad hits 12m downloads, but receives poor reviews
- Windows Phone 8.1 gets its own PA: Cortana
- 24m vulnerable home routers ready to launch DDoS attacks
- Mozilla's Eich: my views on gay marriage are irrelevant
- Windows support scam ringleader convicted
- Windows 8.1 Update: an abject surrender
- The insane economics of Sky Now TV
- No such thing as a free app... so pay up if you want quality
- Time to outlaw crapware-laden installers
- Windows Phone 8.1 video: hands-on
- Office for iPad: key information
- Why every PC buyer owes Richard Durkin a debt of gratitude
- HTC One M8 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: 2014's big-hitters compared
- Windows XP end of life: key information
- Cut out the broadband jargon? What jargon?
- Small steps into handling Big Data
- Nexus 5: does it really run stock Android?
- How to get broadband to a garden office
- How to write your company's IT security policy
- Raspberry Pi and Wolfram: a must-have for every child
- Could you get by with Office Web Apps?
- The best Android antivirus apps for 2014
- Headings vs headers: how to use both in Word
- Windows Server 2012 R2: how the Datacenter edition could change SMBs
- Invoices and VAT: how to set up your documents correctly