Satnav maps: spot the difference
Posted on 22 Jun 2012 at 16:22
Maps aren't all equal - we compare four services to reveal the differences
We compared four satnav systems - Google, Navteq, OpenStreetMap and TomTom - at two UK locations to see how they fared with unexpected road closures and how much detail they offer.
Westminster Bridge Road
Author: Jonathan Bray
For more details about purchasing this feature and/or images for editorial usage, please contact Jasmine Samra on firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is Google Inbox?
- How to get the Windows 10 Technical Preview, plus release date, features and latest news
- Nexus 6 release date, specs and price: when will the Nexus 6 go on sale in the UK?
- Lenovo and Ashton Kutcher launch Yoga Tablet 2 Pro, Yoga Tablet 2 and Yoga 3 Pro
- Lenovo Yoga event live stream: watch Ashton Kutcher's tablet launch live
- HTC shows off Desire Eye selfie phone and periscope-like camera
- Xim: the slideshow app to get excited about
- Adobe has more apps for iOS, but none for Android
- How to download and install Windows 10 Technical Preview
- iPhone 6 Plus "less likely to bend than HTC One"
- Google Glass: mugger bait, pub problem and other lessons learned from two dangerous weeks
- Twitter, please don't fiddle with my feed
- How Satya Nadella can get some pay-raise karma
- Windows 10: a step back to go forward
- Michael Dell: Cloud infrastructure is the roads, bridges and highways of the 21st century
- How to check your identity hasn’t been sold to the hackers
- Tim Cook: this is how much TV has changed since the 70s
- Westminster wins the .London battle
- 20 years of PC Pro: from deep pan pizza to virtualisation
- Five reasons why the Apple Watch leaves me cold