Windows 7: The complete guide
Posted on 15 Jul 2009 at 14:54
Find out how Windows 7 will change your work, home and leisure life with our in-depth guide to the new operating system
With millions of beta downloads, an avalanche of positive feedback and a launch schedule that appears to be miraculously on time, Windows 7 has so far surpassed all expectations. But is Microsoft's next-gen operating system flattering to deceive?
In this feature, we've blown apart Windows 7. We've examined how the new OS will affect our lives in a number of key scenarios: home, work, mobile, and for PC enthusiasts and gamers.
Will HomeGroup mean you'll never have to remember which disk you saved that photo on?
We've critically examined how the new features available in Windows 7 will make a difference to our everyday lives. Will HomeGroup mean you'll never have to try to remember which disk you saved that photo on again? Will BitLocker To Go prevent your business data from falling into the wrong hands? Is Windows 7 really fit to replace XP or Linux on your netbook? We have the answer to all these questions and dozens more.
Windows 7 also sees a significant overhaul of the user interface, with a completely revamped taskbar and a variety of new tricks and shortcuts to learn. We'll guide you through all the major changes, to help you find your way around the revamped UI.
Click to read the section on:
Author: PC Pro staff
For more details about purchasing this feature and/or images for editorial usage, please contact Jasmine Samra on email@example.com
- Google I/O live stream and blog: how to watch 2014 Google I/O keynote speech live
- Google testing its own domain registration service
- Adobe announces first hardware: Adobe Ink and Slide
- Vote now in the PC Pro Excellence Awards 2014!
- What’s new in OS X 10.10? Apple Yosemite’s new features
- Samsung Z Tizen phone helps loosen ties with Android
- Microsoft rumoured to launch smartwatch this summer
- LG G3 launched: LG takes the wraps off smartphone that offers “more with less effort”
- LG G3 launch live video stream and blog: as it happened
- Apple fixes iMessage lock-in for Android switchers
- How Google Glass ruined my lunch hour
- Smartphone battery packs: can a USB power pack beat the festival battery blues?
- Windows Easy Transfer – not so "easy" in Windows 8.1
- Formula 1: what a difference virtualisation makes
- Office of the future: comfy chairs and tablets everywhere
- I went to Glastonbury and the only thing that got high was my smartphone
- Meet the robots helping teach children
- PaperLater: would you pay to print the internet?
- Amazon vs Kobo: how much to make the ebook switch?
- Phishing emails: how I nearly got caught out