Windows 7: The complete guide
Posted on 15 Jul 2009 at 14:54
Find out how Windows 7 will change your work, home and leisure life with our in-depth guide to the new operating system
With millions of beta downloads, an avalanche of positive feedback and a launch schedule that appears to be miraculously on time, Windows 7 has so far surpassed all expectations. But is Microsoft's next-gen operating system flattering to deceive?
In this feature, we've blown apart Windows 7. We've examined how the new OS will affect our lives in a number of key scenarios: home, work, mobile, and for PC enthusiasts and gamers.
Will HomeGroup mean you'll never have to remember which disk you saved that photo on?
We've critically examined how the new features available in Windows 7 will make a difference to our everyday lives. Will HomeGroup mean you'll never have to try to remember which disk you saved that photo on again? Will BitLocker To Go prevent your business data from falling into the wrong hands? Is Windows 7 really fit to replace XP or Linux on your netbook? We have the answer to all these questions and dozens more.
Windows 7 also sees a significant overhaul of the user interface, with a completely revamped taskbar and a variety of new tricks and shortcuts to learn. We'll guide you through all the major changes, to help you find your way around the revamped UI.
Click to read the section on:
Author: PC Pro staff
For more details about purchasing this feature and/or images for editorial usage, please contact Jasmine Samra on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Police knock out 40 sites accused of piracy
- Samsung launches 1TB SSD for Ultrabooks and tablets
- More than 100 Britons hit by CryptoLocker
- BlackBerry says "we're still alive" as sales hit new low
- Apple buys Twitter search startup Topsy
- Next wave of Windows updates codenamed "Threshold"
- Surface 2 owners locked out due to BitLocker bug
- Bitcoin-mining software hidden in "sneaky" programs
- Surface 2 bug makes screen go dark during games
- Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet goes on sale Wednesday
- Tech City: Easy to score when you move the goalposts
- How to remove SkyDrive from the Windows 8.1 Explorer
- Switching from iPhone to Android? Switch off iMessage
- Why is Google pumping more money into Firefox?
- Sky Broadband Shield review
- Samsung Galaxy S4: how to double your battery life
- Motorola Moto G review: first look
- IBM Watson meets Willy Wonka
- Google’s support policies shove users towards Chrome
- Lenovo Yoga Tablet review: first look